Another loss

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by Katydid, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Katydid

Katydid New Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I haven't been here for quite a while. My husband, Fred, had Parkinson's Disease, and he declined quickly last year. He passed away peacefully in October, at the age of 80. We were able to go to Hawaii last July, with the assistance of my younger son, but we knew it was his last trip. He was unsteady on his feet, using a walker and wheelchair, but falling frequently. For the last few weeks he needed full time caregivers, and was in an Assisted Living Home.

Over the years, we have traveled many miles, and bought a new Coleman Santa Fe in 2011. It's been sitting at my son's house for a year and a half, nearly 400 miles away. Unfortunately, on our way home from Los Angeles after our Hawaii trip, we were rear-ended on the freeway. The traffic in front of me was stopping, I braked with no problem but the vehicle behind me managed to total my Toyota Sienna. That was our towing vehicle for the pup, so now I'm looking into getting my Subaru Outback fitted with a tow package. I've had family and friends tell me they would love to go camping with me, so I'll see how things work out. It'll be a lot different without Fred. He was always able to back the trailer up and park anywhere, so I'll need to practice!

2. Miller

Miller '96 ColemanCheyenne - '14 Tacoma 4X4 DBL SR5 6spd

Dec 15, 2015
    CT
    Katydid,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your husband. My wife and I are best friends and I am truely sorry to you and your family.
    I hope you can safely tow your PUP with the outback and you and your family start some new memories and pass on some fun and valuable camping lessons you and Fred experienced and learned together.

My deepest and heartfelt condolences to you.

-Miller

3. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    Our condolences, you sound like a very strong lady. camping for us is way to relax and recall the past. A form of soul therapy. We wish you the best. Txbum and Mary Jane

4. terry1419

terry1419 Active Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Streator, IL
    I would like to also express sincere sorrow. I know from personal experience the feeling of loss of a loved one. My wife passed away about a year ago. We had camped whenever we could up until when we had to sell the camper mid 2012. I inherited her puppy who had loved to camp with us so I bought another pop up this past fall and camped with her a few times before cold weather. She loved being out with all the new sites and smells and making friends with other camping dogs as well as their owners. Then the puppy got incurable tumors and had to be put down just before Christmas. Thanks to you, I am again looking forward to more camping this year.
    I am leaving for OH tomorrow to visit my younger brother, age 66, who has Parkinson's because his wife, a school teacher, has the week off and thinks I need to visit him. He is unsteady on his feet and has a caregiver come to the home several times each week. I fear his fate will soon be that of your dear Fred's after hearing of the rapid decline near the end.
    Life is not always fair but we must forge on. I applaud your decision to return to camping for the peace it can provide and the numerous nice people you have yet to meet. Best wishes, Terry

5. blondedriver

blondedriver Member

Sep 2, 2008
    I am sorry for your loss,. but get out there and ENJOY!! he wont want you to be a wilting flower. And know he can enjoy the trips even more