another reason I can't find a nice used trailer.

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by Dingit, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

I'm been browsing Craigslist and there are a few things that make me instantly rule out a particular camper. Like if there is a dog in the photos, it's a nope (I'm not a dog hater. I camp with one.). Trash in the trailer? Nope.

Today I'm adding a new instanope to my list:

[​IMG]

Am I too picky?

2. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I think maybe just a bit! Just because the person taking said photo has no clue how to sell something doesn't mean that they are not clean or dont do the maintenance. For all you know that may have been hooked up like that just to get a pic without the scrubs in the way. You know there is noway they drove down the road like that!!

Orchid likes this.
  3. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Ok, I give up. Where's Waldo. I don't see your new instanope in the picture. Tell me where it is.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  4. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Active Member

Sounds like you should buy new.

terry1419 likes this.
  5. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

I agree.

6. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

I also agree. The nice thing about buying used, first saving the money and second because of the savings you can make it just right for you.

7. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

Ditto. I don't get it.

8. budlight

budlight Member

Not level, stabilizers were not set. Can be very stressful to the lift system. Obviously the owner didn't read the owners manual.

Dingit and BelchFire like this.
  9. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh haaaaa! Got it! (insert light bulb here)

I was giving the seller the benefit of the doubt and was thinking that maybe the camera wasn't level when the picture was taken, making everything look ****-a-mamie.

There. I fixed it...
    Crooked.jpg
    Pay no attention to the leaning TV antenna in the background.;)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Dingit, NorthernSpirit, jnc and 2 others like this.
  10. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

I wouldn't pass it up. Could be a diamond undiscovered. Your loss is my gain!

11. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

I generally support pickiness : ) However this one may be excusable, maybe they just don't have anywhere else to set it up for pictures. Worth inquiring about it at least.

My insta-nope is when the garage or house in the background of the pictures is a giant mess. If people can't even take care of their house, you know they aren't properly maintaining a camper.

Tracy D. likes this.
  12. davido

davido Active Member

Yes.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with having both an outdated TV antenna AND a satellite dish. And for the purposes of purchasing a trailer, there's nothing wrong with anything else in the photo either. On a slant, lift system opened? Ok, not a great idea, but you inspect the lift system before you buy -- if it's working as it should, and shows no excessive signs of wear, it's fine. I'd be more concerned about why the owner doesn't seem to own a ball mount that matches the amount of drop he needs for towing that thing. Did he never use the trailer? Does he really own it? ;)

Anyway, buying new you have recourse with the dealership and the manufacturer during the warranty period. That's probably a good option for you. And there's nothing wrong with that. Every trailer on the road today was purchased by someone new at some point. Mine was new when I purchased it. It's ok to do that.

13. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

They had no intention to drive it like that. The 7 pin isnt even plugged in or the battery hooked up. They probably inherited it or are posting it for their folks. If I was looking I would be checking it out.

14. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Front access garage. I see two vehicles parked behind it in the driveway. TV still hooked to the trailer and partially in the street based on the picture. Guessing they pulled it out of the garage and popped it up for a quick pic and probably dropped or back and put it in the garage. Many cities and neighborhoods frown on campers in the front and they probably need the space in the driveway.

I would definitely go look at it.

terry1419 likes this.
  15. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Maybe the driveway is on an incline and the trailer is actually level, or close to it.

myride and Fless like this.
  16. JustRelax

JustRelax Active Member

Yes I'm also going with pulled it out to get a quick pick. I'd go look if that is what I was in the market for.

17. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

Many people put their cute dog or cat in the for sale pictures. The owner sees their cute pet sitting on a cushion , a buyer sees a dirty butt on the cushion.