Any interest in a Fall Arizona or New Mexico Rally?

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by Hoomi, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Hoomi

Hoomi I write everything the voices in my head tell me.

Jul 20, 2012
    Probably mid to late September time frame, if there's interest. We can pick a location and plan a meet-up.

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Sept. into Oct. is already booked for us with the 1st week in Colorado, end of the month and first week of Oct Grand Canyon, Courtenay will be backpacking Tanner Trail. I'm not sure when I'm going to be up for a solo trip, due to the sinus/ear/mastoid infection, or I might try to squeeze in a solo.

3. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    If the time right, we maybe...BTW we have a long camping trip from 8/25-9/8/2018 to the Redwood NP.

4. Hoomi

Jul 20, 2012
    We haven't managed to get the P'up out at all yet this year. Last weekend, we made our annual trip up to Manti, Utah, to visit family, and just decided to motel it, and drive the Subaru up. The difference in costs of a motel versus the State Park was offset by getting 30 MPG in the Subaru, versus being lucky to average 12 - 13 in the Sequoia pulling the P'up.

5. shuang2

Apr 20, 2010
    We just came back from a 4 day camping trip in the Sequoia near Kernville one week ago. DSC_9624.JPG DSC_9663.JPG DSC_9756.JPG

kitphantom and Hoomi like this.
  6. Hoomi

Jul 20, 2012
    What I think we'll do, is pick someplace for a trip, post the weekend and location, and if anyone would like to join us, we'll have a casual rally.

shuang2 and kitphantom like this.
  7. Hoomi

Jul 20, 2012
    We're booked into Fool Hollow Lake State Park, near Show Low, Thursday evening through Sunday morning, September 6 - 9. Not a lot of spots left, but hopefully, this won't be the only time we get the P'up out this season.

kitphantom likes this.
  8. shuang2

Apr 20, 2010
    Sep 6-9 we still travel in the 17 day camping trip to the Redwood National Park, California.

9. Hoomi

Jul 20, 2012
    Sounds like a fantastic trip, Ben.