Anyone else listed their pup for sale on Craigslist?

Discussion in 'For Sale and Wanted' started by artist143tm, Jul 18, 2014.

1. truthrider

truthrider New Member

We just listed ours there. I'll let you know how it goes. I'd prefer to not list in a larger directory just to say from having people drive 1000 miles and find that it's not for them.

2. catseye

catseye all I remember is dirt...sky...dirt...ambulance

My recommendation (through experience) is to PRICE IT RIGHT, take LOTS of GREAT pictures, then set appointments (if you follow the first 2 steps, you WILL book appointments), and pick a nice setting to set it up. If people know there are others coming, and the price is right, they are more likely to offer more, and you could get away from having to setup multiple times.

TAKE GREAT PICS!

3. daholt

daholt New Member

4. minicamperbeth

minicamperbeth New Member

Question about this: So in the scenario that I am the buyer, you would ask the seller to bring the PUP to the bank? Seems like they wouldn't be too willing to have to do that.

5. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

does this sound like a scam???????

Thanks for getting back to me,i'm Linda Cox by name and i will like to make a deal with you so Im just asking about it to make sure its in good condition,so can you assure me i will not be disappointed? also no shipment involved as i have a mover that will come for it.Im okay with the price and condition ,I can only pay you via one of the fastest and secure way to pay online PayPal.Do you have a paypal account? Let me know asap so i can arrange the payment through PayPal

6. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Active Member

Thats a tough one.
    Flags are she will pay sight unseen and has a "mover"
    Good news is personal name... If it's real. And wants to pay via pay-pal and not a check or fictitious money order/ certified check.
    Have Linda call you.

7. ezakoske

ezakoske Active Member

Sounds like BS to me. The phrasing is all wrong for a "Linda Cox"....

8. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

100% scam

9. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

I had a 1099 contractor work for me once and her name was (for REAL) Tini Cox!

10. bob b

bob b New Member

just bought a jayco on Kijiji. I think it's a good site for trailers. NOt for cars as there are too many scams out there. Bob

11. Mickeyrv

Mickeyrv Week day camping is great

Their is a major scam going on for items like this. They pay using paypal and your supposed to immediately send them the pick up fee back...This is a scam...beware

12. Mickeyrv

Mickeyrv Week day camping is great

The best I have found is to go talk trade in value on a new camper. 1.3X their trade allowance is a great place to start.

13. tacoma-dave

tacoma-dave Webfoot

I currently have my 2005 Starcraft RT 11 listed in the greater Seattle, WA CL. I will also post it here on PUP this weekend. This is a great trailer and in excellent condition. I also participate on "the dark side" so the RT just doesn't get used enough to keep.

Attached Files:

14. Lloyd B

Lloyd B Active Member

We just bought our Coleman from a Craigslist ad, for me the worst part of the looking was the seller posting really nice pictures, only to find out after a long drive to look at it, that the pics must have been 10 years old. When I sold a motorcycle, I turned on the date stamp on the camera so that buyers would know that the pics were current. There is a scam going on, where a buyer texts you a question, and asks you to respond with a email, the scam is called email farming and they only want to sell your email address, always use the email that Craigslist provides to avoid getting hundreds of junk emails a day when your address is sold. There is also RV Trader that posts free ads with limited pics and running time, for a price you can add more pics and time, and of course there are the for sale ads here. Good luck with your sale.

15. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

I bought 2 on CL.

1986 Starcraft SLE16, 7.25 ft box. small, easy, light weight. Queen front bunk, single rear bunk, and twin for the dinette. It towed like a dream. paid $700 (should have paid less) camped over 100 nights in 2 years, had full coverage insurance for $4/mo. Hit a pothole and bent the frame and axle. Got hauled on a flat bed 96 miles, the policy covered 100 miles, home. Insurance paid out about $1,100 and I kept it. Then listed it on CL for $400, wanting $150, guy came and looked, I showed him the damage, he offered $350 I accepted and tossed in spare rims, propane tank, curtain rod, and a lot more I planned to sell off. They set it up on a chunk of land and don't intend to tow it anywhere.

The 2nd pup was on CL also, in my sig, 1973 Montgomery Ward Western Field Edition. 3 twin beds, original canvas, pull out kitchen, original propane tank from 1972 with updated valve, original canopy/poles/guy lines, very good condition. Needed lights/wires, tires, and had an issue with the title. I towed it home for $400, another $150 and we have camped 33 nights in her since March, and about 8,000 miles 8 states camped from CA to MN and back!!

16. sblanck

sblanck Member

trying to sell our camper now and its a pain in the butt! Had four folks say they were coming today and I have the camper out and all set up and all of them are no shows. I have twenty four photos and a video as well. The other irritation is the folks who live three to four hours away wanting me to drive it to them to look at. We keep it in the garage and its a bit tricky to get it in and out of. Such a hassle.

17. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

Might just be the time of year and maybe your location. I sold the Bayport in June on CL. It left the driveway 90 minutes after the ad posted.

18. sblanck

sblanck Member

We have two camper dealerships south of us and three dealerships north of us. The three to north are about 20 minutes away. The ones to the south about an hour. There is a campmor dealer and warehouse to the south. Four state parks within an hour of my house and eight Corps parks also within an hour. RVs are rolling through town all the time. Maybe my area is saturated? We have our Williamsburg priced at 4k. The other issue is folks want to come look at it middle of the week at noon. I have to work a regular job I am not retired. We will just keep going and it will either sell or we will get to the point financially that we dont have to sell.

19. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Well-Known Member

I rarely list stuff on CL because of all the flakes and time wasters.
    When I do list things I put in the ad that it's for sale As it is and where it is.
    I don't deliver, I don't offer discounts because you live 3 hours away and gas is expensive.
    I don't allow test drives/rides without cash in hand.

Some will still ask, but when the do I answer them once. If they continue to ask I just ignore them.
    Never put your phone number in the ad, and don't let folks wander around in your garage and inventory your stuff.

20. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I use let go.