April 2018 - What did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Apr 1, 2018.

1. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Sounds great! Hope to get out your way after DH retires in a few.
    Cycling between 80° and snow on the East coast too!

2. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Nov 25, 2015
    YIKES,! I love snow and winter but it is April!

3. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    I know, Chris! This has been the craziest winter and spring. My daffodils are usually up by now! Enough, already!
    ...sigh!:(

4. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Yeah, I dewinterized this weekend, now most of this week they are calling for snow showers and low temps around freezing. What was I thinking? I should have waited until June to dewinterize!

5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I'm not sure which mattresses covers those are. I washed the original ones in our '84 Palomino, which were a combination of upholstery fabric and vinyl. I washed them on delicate and line dried them without a problem.

6. TeamECKO

TeamECKO Member

Aug 6, 2016
    WA State
    Those sound like what I have (photos attached). I’ll try washing them and line drying, thanks

Attached Files:

7. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

Apr 1, 2017
    We went on a camping trip last month, and the lens to the porch light fell off so I ordered (hopefully) the replacement. I ordered new latches for when the pup is closed as one of mine finally bent, so I figured I might as well replace all of them. I got a flat tire fixed. I also bought some eternabond so I can seal up the roof and a few other areas.

I need to figure out why the door will not stay closed when the pup is down. We had to tie it shut on the way home from the last trip. I thought it was because the part on the door that the latch latches to was missing a screw, but I fixed that and we still have a problem. I might have to set it up and see if we still have the same problem.

8. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Minnesota
    My garage door opener popped a gear, so I pulled my Aliner out of the garage and set it up so I could get the garage door motor down to rebuild it. Last year it was in the high 50's by now and grass was greening up, so no problem pulling out the camper right? Promptly got 21 inches of new snow driven by 45 MPH winds. My back still hurts from shoveling yesterday and they're calling for another 6" of mid-April snow later this week.

9. lucky13don

lucky13don Member

Jul 13, 2016
    sf bay area
    i charged the battery. and stared at it while cursing the rain..gave it a lil pat and whispered soon....lol

10. NTL1991

NTL1991 Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Rhode Island, USA
    -Replaced the original, corroded Bargman 7-pole trailer connector with a new Hopkins Endurance connector
    -Installed a set of OE Sand Shoes. Now I need to paint my no-longer-shiny-black stabilizers to match.
    -Installed an OE 16psi high-pressure LP regulator right in the drop in stove enclosure to allow me to use it with 1 lb bottles if the need ever arises, and it's still completely compatible with the existing high-pressure line on the PUP.

11. Garrity

Garrity New Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Arizona
    Second trip with the family is this weekend at lake Pleasant. We are going with 5 other families, 3 with PUPS. I'm planning on a little clean and fix for our weekend.

-Picked up a few 303 products for cleaning and maintenance
    -Waxed the exterior of the PUP
    -Tent end shock cord replacement (TBD this weekend)
    -Sanitize fresh water tank ( TBD this weekend) We don't plan on drinking water from our PUP, but want to make sure it is clean enough for brushing teeth.
    -Magnetic backup poles from Harbor Freight. I'm guilty..... I said some mean things when backing up the PUP with my wife guiding me..... My 7yo son was better, but I think these may do the trick.

NTL1991 and Vescoleman like this.
  12. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    I'm going to dewinterize it on Sunday. Have a trip planned next weekend. I hope it's not snowing then.

13. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Jul 18, 2013
    Thornville, OH
    Installed second g-31 battery. Installed the -re-upholstered sofa's. Installed 2 of the new curtains and valances 8 to go, curtains have been sewed.

14. Fbird

Fbird Active Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Ferndale MI
    supposed to warm up this weekend, 50's and sunny. replace the brakes, install stabilizer jacks and replace the trailer plug.

15. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    My to do list is getting shorter. Lubed up the coupler new pin with chain so I wouldn't lose it. And ........... installed one of those LED vent light frames on my bathroom Maxx-Air vent, all I have to say is WOW. Started to load it up for it's first outing.

16. Lug_Nut

Lug_Nut Member

May 29, 2016
    Mt. Wachusett area, MA
    At work early last Monday I heard co-workers: "What date is today?". Without a skip came a reply: "February 73rd.".

Here's one of my weekend results:

20180421_160319.jpg

The Jayco is much taller and wider than the Starcraft. We could see relatively well over and around that one when towing (and backing), but this one? Oh, no.
    The "back-up" camera is wired into the clearance lamp. It turns on and broadcasts when the trailer lights are on, rather than just when in reverse. This was intentional to judge clearance when passing or when others are merging on. The receiver/monitor plugs in the lighter, mounts with a sucker, and sits in stand-by until the camera broadcasts. It picks up a signal without drop outs (claimed 30 feet line-of-sight, and it's about 28 and not a clear view). Frame refresh rate is about 2 hz and it's definitely not Hi-Def, but for under $100,.....

17. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I brought it Home from it's Winter storage. The Mice got in and did there thing so I will be cleaning and patching Tomorrow!