Arizona Spring 2011 Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by tlgenterprises, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlgenterprises

tlgenterprises New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Where: Dead Horse Ranch State Park - Cottonwood, AZ - See Map
    When: February 18-21, 2011
    Reservations: First-come, First-served Basis
    Fees: Fees are per vehicle, $25 per night with electric or $15 per night without electric (no extra fees for tow vehicle)
    Coordinator: 83SunValley

Come join us at the first Arizona PUP Rally! February 18-21, 2011, President's Day weekend.

[table]
    [tr][td]
    Attending Members
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]
    83SunValley​
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]
    pakrat - Scott & Carla & Jason 3 1/2 yrs old​
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]
    shuang2​
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]
    Dave in Az - Native Arizonan​
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]
    Dust Devil​
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]
    Geardo​
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]
    wileetoyote - Dave the tame one​
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]
    NJGuy - from ST. George UTAH​
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]
    barbjmj​
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]
    azvmb​
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]
    notjeep​
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]
    DanD​
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]
    DSCinVegas - from Las Vegas​
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]
    bearman512 - from New Mexico​
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]
    Jodimax3​
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]
    Slush - will help with make margaritas​
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]
    Sal C & Di​
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]
    alexliz05 - Elissa (9) Jeremiah (7), Nathaiel (2) Edward (10 months)​
    [/td][/tr]

[/table]

2. tlgenterprises

Oct 20, 2010
    HTML:
    <div>
    <center>
    <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> 
      <tr> 
        <td> 
          <script src='http://voap.weather.com/weather/oap/86326?template=OTDRH&par=null&unit=0&key=7a62511a537fb9198da5bc3ab736e09a'></script> 
        </td> 
      </tr>  
    </table>
    </center>
    </div>

3. tlgenterprises

Oct 20, 2010
    The CG does not have a reservation system as if yet, Right now it is first come first serve, However, they are transitioning to a reservation system and I will be the first to know when that happens.

For now, any interest please let me know. We all want to be at QUAIL LOOP.

BTW, the elevation for Dead Horse Ranch is only 3200 feet which means it does not get that cold. So that weekend would be great for a campfire and marshmallow. [:D]

4. barbjmj

barbjmj Member

Can't wait! It will be our first PUP Rally and we're so excited to meet other PUPer's and learn from you!
    Thanks Jerry for getting us inspired and ready to go!

5. pakrat

pakrat New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Looking forward to seeing everyone there. I'm going to try and get there Thursday night because I'll have to work Monday. I'll bring my games to keep us busy. I have a ladder golf and cornhole games that I made. Trying to talk the DW into coming.

6. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I read this as needing to reserve individual sites versus the rally having use of a group site.

7. azvmb

azvmb New Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Arizona
    Quail loop looks good to me!! We are looking forward to the first Arizona rally!!

8. DSCinVegas

DSCinVegas New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Hey Jerry-- have you inquired to see if the CG host/staff would block off some site for your rally? Was just thinking, considering the time of year--- they (should) welcome the biz and promotion of the park. Might not hurt to ask. They do that kind of thing at Lake Mead/Boulder CG here in Vegas (Boulder City).. Ive been out there before-- while they have no RSV system they seem to drop cones in areas for peeps to do their group things all in same area with just a little heads up. Just my 2cents

9. tlgenterprises

Oct 20, 2010
    Dead Horse Ranch is at the moment in transition. Currently, they do not have a reservation system. They only operate on a first come first serve basis. However, they are in transition. A new reservation system will be in place in midJanuary or late-January. Pakrat, myself and our DWs are planning on making a camping trip over there before the rally. We will try to hook up with the camp host and pave the way for the rally. I will of course keep everybody informed.

10. tlgenterprises

Oct 20, 2010
  11. DSCinVegas

DSCinVegas New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Hey Jerry-- that's great! Sounds like you have it covered.
    DSC

12. barbjmj

barbjmj Member

DSCinVegas had a good suggestion but it sounds like you have a good plan in place. We look forward to hearing what you find when you visit the CG ahead of the rally.

13. tlgenterprises

Oct 20, 2010
    barbjmj - I will keep you in the loop when Pakrat, myself and the DWs decide to make a recon-camping. Hopefully you can join us and have a mini-rally.

14. Dave in Az

Dave in Az Member

Mar 20, 2010
    My plan for now is Friday through Monday.
    Trying to talk the DW into participating!

15. tlgenterprises

Oct 20, 2010
    Dave in AZ - Your DW might be convinced that the CG is only about 2 miles from town and there is a lot to do and see.

16. shuang2

shuang2 Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Nice pictures, thank for sharing, love them!

17. maromeo

maromeo Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Back at Easter time 2003 we had a PUT Rally at Dead Horse Ranch State Park. We rented the group site which does not have hook ups. There is a large ramada and fire pit ring with logs for groups which worked out well for coloring eggs and potluck. We had an Easter Egg hunt on the back side of the group site. It worked out well for us. This is before all the renovations to the park. The two upper campgrounds were just being built. Now the campground has water and electric at most sites. The upper sites will get windy especially in February. Quail Loop is lower and would be less windy for the PUPs. There is plenty to do around the park along with exploring Cottonwood. There is a historical old Cottonwood which is quite quaint, antique stores, wineries, restuarants and has an awesome bakery called the Orion Bread Co. You could always do a small trip up to see Jerome at the top of the hill. That is quite an experience in itself.

I wish we could join you but it is our anniversary weekend and we usually go to our favorite winery but we will see if plans change. Enjoy your Rally and all the planning stages. Take care.

Take a look at the pictures for Easter Rally in my pictures and you can see a few I had posted from then.

Mary

18. shuang2

shuang2 Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Hi, Mary, thank you for the nice information!

19. tlgenterprises

Oct 20, 2010
    Hi Mary (maromeo),

Thanks for sharing your past experience with this CG and the past AZ Rally. Camping is about new friends and remembering old friends.

Folks, here are some reviews of the CG......

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/Arizona/Cottonwood.html

20. maromeo

maromeo Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I forgot to mention. The restrooms are very clean and well stocked. The showers are a good size and have a seperate changing room attached to each shower. It is great if you have kids. The rangers are great and very helpful. If you are a fisherman this place is for you. There are a couple of lagunas you can fish on that have fishing docks. There is also a fish cleaning station nearby the water. There are also several large ramadas, I am not sure if reservations are needed for them if you want to use them for a pot luck. There was also power at the ramada but you may want to bring a power strip if there will be crock pots etc.

Hope this help.

Mary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.