At a total loss!!!

Discussion in 'Wiring' started by Mike Kimball, May 20, 2019.

1. Mike Kimball

Mike Kimball New Member

Hey all - I have a 2008 Starcraft that I am having power issues with. When I plug into 120v the outlets and the microwave work, no fridge. The only way the fridge comes on is if the microwave is running. The fridge will not come on under battery power at all, same with the lights. I have the checked all fuses and wiring but no issues. I am thinking the converter is bad. Thoughts?

2. joet

joet Well-Known Member

I would start with a volt meter. I would look at all neutrals and grounds. Convertor doesn't have anything to do with the fridge running on 120v.
    Lights work on 120 and not battery? check fuses

3. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina. More information is needed. Is the refrigerator 3 way or 120v only. When you say you plug into 120v, is that at the house or in the camper.

4. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

What model of STARCRAFT do you have... My 2008 STARCRAFT 14 R/T POPUP Trailer did not come with a 120VAC/12VDC Power Distribution center per say. Only had two circuit breakers and four 12V fuse positions. All the 12VDC Wiring was behind the 30A simple converter/power supply ELIXIR Ind Converter BOX ELX-30 and all tied together using large YELLOW twist connector... I called it a RATS NEST of wiring haha... First thing I did was get a WFCO 8900 Power Distribution Panel going that had multiple 120VAC circuit breakers and many 12VDC Fuse positions to get into the modern world of converters and Power Distribution centers...

Behind your fridge is a small electrical control panel where you can select 120VAC, 12VDC, or Propane if your model is anything close to mine... You have to go outside to get to this panel behind the fridge in my setup...

Need more info of what you have to help much... Looked in your profile and not much there haha...

Do you still have the operations manual and paperwork... Mine came with a simple manual and then spec sheets on all the appliances and items in big folder. This was stuck behind the water heater and the outside wall...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    nineoaks2004 likes this.