At what night time temp do you use heat?

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by Orchid, Sep 20, 2011.

1. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Juts got back from 6 nights out. It was in the 70s daytime and high 30s/low 40s at night. I ran the furnace for about 5 mins with the thermostat set at 75, then set it to 65. Ran a small Lasko heater that did it's job sitting on the table, but it only oscillated about an inch from center, so I'm returning it for one that rotates more.

But, point being, by toasting it up, almost too stuffy for us, the furnace never did kick in that we know of. So that little heater probably did it all. Hey, free electricity vs. not free propane!

Another reason for keeping it civil inside was my Reece was with us and cold bothers his knee still. [:(]

[:D]

2. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Same with us Pam & Craig (RotNMom). Our little electric thermostate controlled heater kicks on at 65-70 (depending on how we set it) and it's really toasty, sometimes stuffy. It sure feels good in the crisp mornings, though, to wake up in a warm bed with the cold air waiting right in your face to slap you back under those covers! [;)]