Back in the camping game!!!! couple questions.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Boondock350, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Boondock350

Boondock350 New Member

Sep 12, 2018
    Hello campers I’m finally back in the camping game. I have a 02 Coleman Niagara elite. And this is the first time I’ve had restroom/shower. Couple of things. At first I wasn’t getting hot water. I read through a few threads about the check valve. So I went all over with that. So finally I found that the line was clogged with calcium chunks. So after sucking and blowing the line out a couple times I finally got it clear and now I have good water pressure. So on to the sink and shower. My question is since I don’t have a grey water holding tank. How should I drain the water when showering or using the sink. Is there some sort or exterior holding take that I should get to hook up?

2. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

We have this one. It just hooks to the trailer hitch so it can be towed to the dump station.

3. Boondock350

Boondock350 New Member

Sep 12, 2018
    So does it t off of the sink/shower to collect the water. Wife already wants to go out but I have to figure something for the sink/shower to drain into.

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    If your niagra does not have the gray water tanks onboard then there should be a drain on the outside the camper if the sticker is still there it may even have the word drain. I managed to find some PvC pipes that fit over the drain on the camper and had it drain into my external gray water tote.(mine is very similar to Orchid's except I can't tow mine). Some popups needed two totes, one for the sink and another for the shower. I don't know if your niagra is the same way.

5. Boondock350

Boondock350 New Member

Sep 12, 2018
    Yes it has 2 drains. I was thinking of doing something like this.

Attached Files:

6. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

It doesn't come with a built in T, but some people have made their own. We just use the big tote on the shower and the smaller container, like shown in the picture you posted, at the sink.

Boondock350 likes this.
  7. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    That will work! I'm sure any container will as long as when full you can lift it! Some just use a garden hose connected with adaptor to the drain. The larger hose will help so it dosent drain slow.

Orchid and Boondock350 like this.
  8. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Greetings From NEPA!

9. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Don't forget how much water weighs when it comes to dumping whatever you use for a tank. I picked up one
    of the 6 gal Water Totes from WalMart because it was thinner so easier for me to fit places. The drawback was
    that I found I had to dump it quite frequently and we didn't have an inside shower.

Boondock350 likes this.