Bacon & Cheese Breakfast 'Taters

Discussion in 'I Smell Something Cooking!' started by nineoaks2004, Aug 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Bacon & Cheese Breakfast 'Taters

3.5-ounce packet Hungry Jack Easy Mash'd Cheesy Homestyle Mashed Potatoes
    1 Jack Link's Jack Pack! (combo of cheese sticks, beef sticks, and pretzels)
    2 teaspoons macaroni & cheese topping
    3-ounce pouch bacon bits
    Small green onion, chopped
    1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (use a Pizza Hut packet)
    1 tablespoon oil

In Camp
    Dice cheese sticks. Slice beef sticks into 1/4-inch-think rings. Saute beef with bacon bits and chopped onion in oil until barely tender. Add two cups water, cover, and bring to a boil (now's a good time to eat those extra pretzels from the Jack Pack!). Remove from heat and stir in mashed potato mix and Parmesan cheese. Potatoes will thicken quickly—smooth out any lumps with a spoon or spatula. Sprinkle with cheese topping and diced cheese.
    Serves 2. Enjoy

neighbormike and Orchid like this.
  2. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

This might be the most interesting recipe I've ever read. :laugh: Was this dish born, in the evening, after a few adult beverages?

neighbormike likes this.
  3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    It has been so long that I cannot remember, it was born either during a Backpack (or a canoe trip (probably canoe trip toward the end and everyone chipped it) but everyone liked it or it would have been removed from my recipe file.

Orchid likes this.
  4. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

This was going to be my second guess ... a backpack leftovers where everyone pitched in. :laugh: I don't doubt it's good, it sounds like a fun recipe.

I just knew there had to be a story behind it. [:D]