Baffled installed, now what

Discussion in 'Refrigerators and Coolers' started by Drvred, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Drvred

Drvred Member

May 3, 2017
    My old Coleman Mesa is missing the factory baffle.
    I cut a new luan baffle that seals everything between the top and bottom, except for the area behind the vertical cardboard piece.
    Should I cover this with aluminum tape to reflect heat, or is it ok to leave it bare.
    That vertical piece stops about 1 inch below the fins of the condenser?. Should I extend that to cover the fins or leave it as is?

Also, as I was installing the baffle, I noticed that the flue was loose where it comes out of the insulation, is this normal?
    Sorry for the lack of pictures, but it was late in the day when I was doing this, and I didn't think of it.
    Thanks

2. Drvred

Drvred Member

May 3, 2017
    The good news is, with the temperature around 80 this weekend, even without fans, the fridge stayed cold enough to keep beer at a very nice cold temp.
    I was a little concerned while precoolling on AC, but once it was on propane, it got cold quick.

3. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Mar 29, 2012
    SE Georgia
    Sounds like you have the biggest problem solved. ;)

I've never tried to determine a difference between AC and propane. I may have to devise a test to see which is more efficient. I normally use AC because it's free, but several folks on the portal say that they use propane by preference. Hmmmmmmm; now you have me thinking.