I recently purchased a BAL 28050 light trailer axle leveler and despite its' shortcomings, I love it. Since the jack screw and trunnion must be well greased, it can be difficult to prevent the greased parts from getting all over everything they come into contact with and removing them lends toward the possibility of misplacing them. Searching the portal and the rest of the net revealed that, by and large, most owners use a 20"x20" insulated nylon pizza bag with nylon carry straps. It's a pretty good plan if you can find one locally, but I'm still looking just the right bag (it has to match my eyes! ) at the thrift store. I recalled seeing one of the members here (sorry, I don't recall who it was and couldn't find the post to link to) had made an ABS tube to store the jack screw and trunnion in. Since I already had the 1-1/2" ABS pipe, I "liberated" that idea incorporating a piece of extruded foam pipe insulation for the lubricated jack screw to slide into. I cut the ABS pipe 14-1/2" long, cut the pipe insulation 11" long then folded two strips of masking tape in half lengthwise, leaving four 3" sticky ends which were fastened to the foam. This allowed me to pull the foam through the ABS pipe so that the end would be flush with the end of the ABS pipe. With this done, I tore off the ends of the tape. I inserted the greased jack screw into the bottom end of the foam first so that there would always be some grease at the bottom, then removed the jack screw, put on a 1-1/2" test cap and riveted it in place to close up the storage tube. I then drilled an 1/8" vent hole through the side of the test cap and pipe to prevent the jack screw from getting stuck inside the foam like a rubber boot in a mud bog. The jack screw is inserted into the top end of the tube with the top one inch sticking out of the pipe insulation, the trunnion is dropped right on top and a 1-1/2" test cap is used to close up the top of the storage tube. The next problem with storing the BAL is that the base tends to open up when you least want it to. This often results in pinched fingers, bruised shins, knee caps and/or sore toes. I solved that by fabricating a pair of clips out of 1" PVC pipe. Sawing a 3/4" strip out of the pipe seemed about right here, so I cut the pieces to 1-1/2" wide, positioned them about where I thought they should go and solvent welded them together. To stiffen up the joint, I added a few strips of PVC and applied a couple of heavy layer of PVC solvent glue, leaving it to cure overnight. The clips snap to the lower pipe on the outer portion of the frame so that when the BAL is collapsed, the clips snap onto the inner portion of the frame. With the clips in place, the frame never opens up while being carried or placed. Just to keep it handy, the parts tube was secured to the outer edge of the BAL frame with self-adhesive Velcro buttons (they're what I had on hand). I'd considered mounting the storage tube to the frame permanently but decided that being able to remove it easily would make getting the screw and trunnion out easier. Lastly, carrying the BAL around can be a little awkward so I picked up an extension cord carry strap with a molded handle. With the trunnion removed, the thin end of the strap wraps around the outer portion of the frame between the trunnion mounts so that the trunnion can still be inserted or removed without removing the carry strap. In the end, the carry strap is a little too long but I do like the fact that it's removable. I'd estimate that the total cost for this might be around $7. In my mind's eye, I'd envisioned a nylon webbing strap with a carrying handle. At either end of the handle are Velcro (hook and loop) straps that would wrap around the storage tube and outer frame. I don't want to drill any holes in the frame and couldn't find anything locally that was cheap. Bah, what I have will do for now.