1. Fred cook

Fred cook Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Evansville indiana
    When taking down your pup do you leave your pillows on your bed or do you place them on the dinnet once down. We have a 2009 Yearling and it seems the pillows are not going to be able to stay on the bed. [PU]

2. JPBar

JPBar Active Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    We use are bed pillows from home and they go in TV before we drop the PUP down. I do have to put the 2 inch memory foam mattress topper on the dinette cause the top wont go down completely if left on the bed.

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We had 2" memory foam on our bunk, so had to stash the pillows and most of the bedding when we closed down. (Having to unmake and remake the bed, stashing the pillows and bedding in addition to to other things such as clothing duffels, was one reason we went to a TT with a bed that stays made up.)
    You can do a tissue box test to see how much space you have. Put an empty tissue box on the bunk, close the roof. The height of the now-squished box when you open the roof again is the space left when the roof is down.

4. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

May 7, 2013
    Eastern Idaho
    That's a darn good idea. [​IMG]

XKPin likes this.
  5. Fred cook

Fred cook Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Evansville indiana
    Thanks for the replies i do appericate it

6. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Member

Jun 14, 2014
    We have a set of special pillows that stay in the camper. They are smaller than regular pillows - maybe half size. They don't take up much space, but we still place them off the bunks when folding down. They have their own custom pillow cases and so on. Works fine for us as we don't need much for pillows to sleep.

7. generok

generok Active Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Anchorage, AK
    In my unit, we can't even leave the mattress topper on the bunk. We take the topper and all pillows out of the PUP.

8. mrobuck

mrobuck New Member

Feb 2, 2017
    We normally bring our pillows from the house, but I also keep some pillows in Pup storage for when we "forget". But I believe we have room to leave the pillows on the bunk... we keep all the other bedding on the bunks when in storage.

9. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    In my old Jayco I couldn't even leave a thin blanket on the bed. There was just no room on the bunks and roof. My new to me camper has at least a small Gap, but sure not enough for pillows. Since I have to use a special neck pillow I just use the one for home however I did buy a small kids pillow to keep in the camper. I bought a space bag to collapse the blankets, pillow down for easy storage.