Bed rail for couch bed

Discussion in 'Camping with Kids/Pets' started by MaeKay, Feb 21, 2018.

1. MaeKay

MaeKay Active Member

Any recommendations for a bed rail for the couch on our 2007 Fleetwood Bayside? It seems plenty big for our 3 year old to sleep on but not quite wide enough that she wouldn’t fall out while wiggling in her sleep. See the floor plan attached. It’s the couch along the back bunk.

I’d also like to use it on her bed at home as she just moved up two nights ago to a big girl bed. Right now we have her toddler mattress on the floor and a pillow blocking the sharp corner of her nightstand. It doesn’t have a box spring, just wood slats underneath the mattress.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Seen one made out of pvc tubing, that slides between the matress and a board under the matress.. A google search should turn it up for you..

MaeKay likes this.
  3. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

I use on that flips up and locks like a baby gate which i got from some RV show. i son even uses it now as it gives him some privacy.

MaeKay likes this.
  4. erich82

erich82 New Member

She is 3. No big deal if she falls. If you want to be cautious though, they make inflatable bed rails that just slide under the sheets, which we have used on our daughter, who is now 11 months and sleeping in a regular bed (not high).

Edit: just realized the age of this thread lol

5. Goldievirtuoso

Goldievirtuoso New Member

For our son, when he was an infant we just brought his pack n play with us and he slept in that on the folded down dinette. As he has gotten older he sleeps on the other bunkend. We place a foam pool noodle under the sheets to act as a barrier to keep him from falling off the bed. It has kept our little wiggle worm in bed!

Muller 5 and NothingsChocking like this.