Best garden hose for grey water at full hookup site

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by Rusty2192, May 28, 2018.

1. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    Our next trip will be a rare one at a full hookup site. Since I’m paying for the privledge, I figured I may as well take advantage of the sewer hookup for our sink. For anyone that does this, what hose are you running from the pup to the sewer? The previous owner left a cheap garden hose and sewer adapter, but the hose has about 20 permanent kinks in it so it won’t work. I’m looking for something that won’t break the bank but also won’t be ruined right away from kinks or otherwise. I have a 3/4” garden hose hookup at both ends, not 1.5”.

Right now I’m leaning towards just grabbing another classic cheap Camco white hose. $10 for 25’ of 5/8” hose that I’ve never had any issue with kinking. If I did that, I would be sure to clearly mark one as grey water only so I didn’t mix them up.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-25ft-T...TF8&qid=1527539280&sr=8-3&keywords=Camco+hose

Camco makes a red hose for grey/black tank flushes, but it has too many poor reviews to justify the extra cost. Regular garden hoses aren’t too expensive, but a good quality one is really heavy. Which just leads me back to the white Camco, which is really light.

Any other suggestions?

2. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

If you get another white one, be sure to mark it so you don't get them mixed up. [8D]

3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Ditto that is why should get a hose of a different color

Ductape likes this.
  4. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Active Member

May 28, 2018
    California
    I'd just get an inexpensive garden hose. For the under $20 bucks it costs you, if it only lasts a few seasons, you'll have gotten your money for it.

Ductape likes this.
  5. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013

This ^^

I used the cheapest green hose from Walmart and it's going strong six years later. I don't recommend getting the same hose as your water hose..... even if you mark it somehow.

Have a great time at the full hookup site !

6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Buy a cheap hose (not white) no use in spending money for an expensive hose for gray water. However get a good white hose for drinking water, also get a pressure regulator while at it, Wally World has them cheaply and attach at the faucet end. Could save blowing a water line or a water hose.
    Goo Luck and Happy Camping

7. TRR

TRR Active Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Alabama USA
    DJS12354 likes this.
  8. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Nov 25, 2015
    We have an adapter to fit in the sewer plug (on the rare occasion we have hookups) and just use a piece of regular garden hose from our sink. Also have an adapter from 1.5 inch gray to garden hose.

9. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    The Home Depot closest to us has a big bin of hose remnants, of various types & lengths, I rummaged around & found a roughly 15-20' piece of the non-kinking variety, & along with a new end to put on it, paid less than 10 bucks, YMMV.

10. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    This is exactly what I did. I took a black sharpie and marked it very well.

11. nhlakes

nhlakes Active Member

Oct 15, 2011
    DE and NH
    I used the same hose for gray water when I had a full hookup with Aliner.

Aliner is gone and it now makes a great black tank flush hose when we have a full hookup with the TT (as we do at the moment in Shenandoah Valley.). It’s connected right now as we’ll be leaving here later this AM.

12. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    Thanks. This a perfect candidate to add to the list and exactly the type I was looking for.

I’ll have to give this a try next time I’m there.

Yeah, I was thinking a wrap of duct or gorilla tape at each end and plenty of markings. I’m the one that sets everything up and it would be stored in a different place than the fresh water hoses, so there’s no chance of them getting mixed up.

13. Popiworks

Popiworks Paddle faster, I hear banjos!

Jul 22, 2014
    I just use a gray colored garden hose that I purchased from Home Depot.