Big Buddy heater

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by Lagman, Oct 7, 2017.

1. mamba42

mamba42 Member

I think the low pressure quick connect kit for the 20 lb. tanks works with the Big Buddy and the smaller Buddy.

My thought was maybe this would replicate the end of the hose they also sell that connects to the Mr. Heater Buddy (smaller one). So then this would connect (the quick connect end) to our low pressure lines already in the camper and then the big end would connect to the Heater Buddy line in the same way the other hose would. That end looks the same as the one I linked, but it's hard to say for sure from just images.

2. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

I was confused, I though you were saying connect to the "existing camper propane lines" meaning the low pressure lines in the camper that are after the regulator. But you meant the high pressure before the regulator. My bad.

I would check to make sure those quick connect fittings will work with high pressure propane. I bought a set from mr heater a while back, but my application was low pressure. My poor memory tell me they are for low pressure???

3. mamba42

mamba42 Member

I think I confused you! My bad. I actually confused myself too. Your first post was right. I am talking about my camper lines after the regulator. I was thinking the small Heater Buddy had the same connections as the bigger one. After your post I just looked more and you were absolutely right, it only connects to where the 1 lb. canisters would connect. So what I posted was wrong.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure the connections are meant for low-pressure so either the hose would have the regulator built in (like one of the options do) or you'd have to connect it after the regulator on the tank I believe.

I was hoping the smaller Heater Buddy also had the quick connect in it! That would have been good. I don't think I'd want to use the Big Buddy inside the camper.