1. Susan in alabama

Susan in alabama New Member

Sep 27, 2018
    my wonderful husband bought us a 1998 Jayco pop up camper October 2014. We were so excited to start this new chapter of our life. He brought it home and parked it in the yard. The next month, before hebeven opened it up, he was gone and so was our dream. He passed away driving home from work in a car accident. Now all of a sudden, I have a camper. I struggle every year with the mechanics of the camper. I will NOT give up! It is so hard sometimes, and I think about selling it and then I get strong and move forward. Enjoy your camping partner, they are irreplaceable.

Adina*Moo likes this.
  2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Sorry to here about your husband. Its a great thing that you are showing the will and determination to continue to share what you two had together when he was with you. Never give up , is a great way to live you life. Good luck , and stay strong.

3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Sorry for your loss, we never know what will / can happen. Keep strong and keep learning about the unit and you will make it thru. even if it seems, at times that you cannot make it thru. Good Luck and keep on plugging and you will get there.

4. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

I’m very sorry for your loss. It is true that we should cherish the time we have together since we don’t know what tomorrow will bring.

Be strong and keep his dream alive when you camp.

5. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband... things will hopefully get easier with time. Perhaps the popup isn't right for you... if you want to keep camping and keep that memory alive, perhaps there is a different camper that will be a better fit for you.

Adina*Moo likes this.
  6. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    Sorry to hear about your loss. What model do you have? I have a 99 Jayco and have been nothing but impressed with it. If you need any guidance or pointers go ahead and ask - we are all here to help as best we can.

Adina*Moo likes this.