Boondocking Anza Borrego

Discussion in 'Boondocking' started by kerrilouwho, Oct 5, 2017.

1. kerrilouwho

kerrilouwho New Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Southern California
    Does anyone have a suggestion for the best place to boondock in Anza Borrego in a pop up. Is it even possible to drive in and find a place that isn't too windy? We would like to go in November.
  2. bearman512

bearman512 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
  3. bearman512

bearman512 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    There are a number of regular campgrounds in the state park that you can access with any TV and PUP. I should have said that first as I always default to offroad. [;)]
  4. sierrapup

sierrapup Active Member

Jun 19, 2016
    don't know what you have but google fish creek...[CC]
  5. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    There are many many miles and area's of Anza Borrego just about any TV/pup can make it.... I tow with a Saturn and have been to many CG's including Blair Valley, Mountain Palm Canyon, Fish Creek, Arroyo Salado, and many that I don't know their names...

I like Blair Valley the most, there are 3 marked trails in the park (Marshal South Trail, Motoreos, and Pictographs but once you see them keep going another 75 yards to the dry wash--amazing view--), 25 miles to Agua Caliente (SD CP) that has a little store and they have 3 pools (1 hot spring, 1 regular, and 1 hot spring spa) that is good for a day trip. And Stagecoach RV park is 2-3 miles away with a country store and food to order!

The Julian Mud Caves are another 10 miles past that which is for a fun day!

Julian and Borrego Springs are about 30 miles or so for a day trip.

We had a pup rally at Fish Creek and the Wind caves and the Anti-cline where really awesome!! Just know the wash going in can be a little tricky with the sand and the wash...

I have probably spent 80- nights in the AB Desert!!

Let me know when you go!!

This was Labor Day Blair Valley

This was Desert Palm Canyon (many Cholla, wont be back)