Bracing needed for Roof A/C

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by wmshay6, Jul 20, 2018.

1. wmshay6

wmshay6 Member

I am wanting to add roof A/C to my Fleetwood Graphite. (10' box, 2 piece AL Roof). I have looked around quite a bit and can't find an answer . . . I have a roof brace installed already- mid-roof in front of where A/C would mount. It has holes for power cord.

Do I need a second roof brace in my roof? The parts site lists two different braces available and the brace kit comes with two braces which leads me to believe that two braces are needed.

I have dealer installed Yakima rails up front, so maybe original brace was added when rails were added to the roof? not sure. if I only need one brace, I'm all set. but not sure that's enough. Can anybody say for sure that owns a Fleetwood / Coleman?

2. TRR

TRR Active Member

My Fleetwood Taos (8' box, aluminum roof) had a rooftop a/c on it when I bought it used but no brace. The roof was starting to sag a little. I added one brace in front of the a/c, pushing the roof back up as I installed it. It's been fine ever since.

3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

My Coleman Westlake only has one a.c. brace. It seams ok, it's a 2000

4. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

My Starcraft has two.