Camco Mildew spray

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by lovelymae, Apr 8, 2017.

1. lovelymae

lovelymae Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Southern Maryland
    Has anyone used Camco Mildew spray to clean up their mold and mildew? We tried it today and it got the orange/brown stains out but didn't work too well on the black dots.
    IMG_4547.jpg IMG_4548.JPG IMG_4552.jpg

2. lovelymae

lovelymae Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Southern Maryland
    I guess no one has. Going to try some bleach and dish soap today.

3. Andi

Andi New Member

Aug 6, 2017
    How did it work?

4. lovelymae

lovelymae Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Southern Maryland
  5. VTRailroadguy

VTRailroadguy Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Northwestern Vermont
  6. lovelymae

lovelymae Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Southern Maryland
    I agree that the Bass Pro Stain Remover works really well. We have a few bottles of the Bass Pro stuff on hand now but at the time we didn't have a store nearby and the bleach solution that Sunbrella recommends does work as well in a pinch.

From Sunbrella's Website:

Mold and mildew stains

Sunbrella fabrics do not promote mildew growth, however, mildew may grow on dirt and other foreign substances if not removed from the fabric. To remove mold or mildew:

Prepare a solution of 1 cup of bleach and one fourth cup mild soap per gallon of water.
    Spray on entire area and allow to soak into the fabric for 15 minutes.
    Clean entire surface area with a sponge, clean towel or very soft bristle brush.
    Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue.
    Air dry.
    For severe mold/mildew growth, bleach quantities may be increased.

It is best to clean the entire surface area of the fabric to avoid water rings and stains.

7. chambo

chambo Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Mold Armor is great too. I've used the Bass Pro Shops stuff, the Camco stuff and Mold Armor. The Camco spray is useless, Bass Pro's and Mold Armor worked great. They seem to have the same formula.

lovelymae likes this.