Can any kind of a toilet fit in a 2018 Rockwood 1940LTD entry area storage cabinet?

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by somekindaguy, Jan 7, 2019.

1. somekindaguy

somekindaguy New Member

Hi....My wife and I bought a brand new 2018 Rockwood 1940 LTD TT last year and are really loving it!
    The one thing that my wife would like is some kind of a toilet arrangement for the middle of the night (#1 only).
    I think that we could get some kind of a bucket with a toilet lid arrangement that might be able to fit inside the storage cabinet just to the right of the entrance doorway.
    Does anyone have any suggestions that may fit into this cabinet opening?
    Any suggestions of info would be most appreciated!
    P.S. We are planning on visiting the spring RV show in Toronto on Mar 1, so may be able to pick something up there possibly.....)

2. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

I think you might like a portable cassette toilet over the luggable Loo bucket idea.

3. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

The DW and I use a Thetford 320P. I chose that particular porta-potty because it is only 13.5" in height and fits under the collapsed pup table for easy storage when traveling.

We will either use it inside the pup or use it in our shower tent.

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I bought one at Wally World, had to put it on a shot box to raise it up a but as the DW has long legs :) and it was uncomfortable for her to sit. It got re purposed to the horse trailer after we bought the TT which has a Bathroom in it. The porta potty worked a lot better that a bucket with a toilet seat attached and a bag inside, that was a no no as far as she was concerned, I tried to explain that there was bushes before indoor toilets, but she did not buy that idea either.

5. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

E4221406-238F-47B4-B049-61707722BC74.jpeg
    as the first female to respond, let me just say: get a nice toilet.
    if the toilet doesnt fit the cabinet, cut the cabinet.

the vibrating saw did a lovely job cutting base trim & the paneling .
    it rolls, it stows away. i replaced the plastic tubs w a wire basket that holds a tiny trash can & paper towel holder for multiple rolls of tp.

steve fusses at me for links, but do this for her:

https://krazykatsmeow.wordpress.com/2018/04/17/toilet-cabinet-upgrade/

PointyCamper likes this.
  6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Good idea and my DW would have appreciated this one and we would have done but we never saw one like this, so we made bought what was available.

7. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

Definitely get an actual portapotty. Get the tallest that will fit into your cabinet. (You might have to trim the cabinet a bit. I've done that too!) I have had a cheap Thetford brand manual flush for several years and it is still stink free and very nice to have around.

Don't use a bucket. These toilets are so easy to use and empty there's just no reason. You can even poop in them if you aren't shy.

Katskamper likes this.
  8. FARfetched

FARfetched Active Member

The Starflyer has a cabinet with a PortaPotti 135, which is maybe a foot high. I think we'll make a stand for it, for those 2am "arghhh" situations, so it's about the same height as the cans at home (nobody wants to be thinking too hard at 2am, right?). I think there's room in the cabinet for a folding stand. If I can't figure it out, my brother is a sub-genius at mechanical design; he'd probably enjoy the challenge. :D

9. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

i made the rolling tray to give me theextra height.

Karen in Iowa likes this.
  10. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

When we had our pup, we used the "Tent Shower/Potty" idea and it worked perfectly. We had a
    Thetford 300C, I think was the model? The cassette style is a lot easier on dumping/etc.

11. Horby

Horby Member

We have a portable toilet we bought at bass pro shop. Bought the bags and the gel solution for disposal and handling. We also have a port privy, it's a instant up changing/shower/bathroom tent and we set it up outside the camper

12. sleach

sleach A short run will get you within walking distance.

As a certified old guy- 74 today- I really wanted an on board place for the night time wakeup calls. Our Aframe came with the smallest size Thetford PortaPotty, but it stored in a cabinet a long arms reach back under the made up bed. With help of my brother the retired high school shop teacher we cut an opening in the end of the dinette bench by the door. The panel removed was incorporated into a hinged door opening toward the trailer door, so the PP can easily slide in and out. Closure for door is Velcro (tm) dots at top and bottom. No knob on door. Very convenient, no lying on the floor to reach the PP, just slide it out and lift the lid.