Can't crawl under camper

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by loveit, Nov 1, 2017.

1. J Starsky

J Starsky Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Those pictures were worth a thousand words. - SOLD!!!!

2. loveit

loveit Member

May 12, 2011
    My wiffletree is at the back of the trailer. Even if I let the coupler jack all the way down the back is still too low.

3. loveit

loveit Member

May 12, 2011
    How did you get yours out, some sort of tool?

4. tzmartin

tzmartin Active Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Pried it with a screw driver i think. Don't let it fall on you! The harder part is getting it back in. I wedged back in by levering it awkwardly with a thinner screwdriver. It's weird. Don't give up!

5. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    I would worry if I use ramp designed for auto/trucks. I just lower the tongue ALL the way down and did not have any trouble lubing the whiffletree. Of course the wheels are chocked. I do that in my garage.

As for lubing the bearings, you gonna need stand under tubular frame, not under the "C" frame. the stand might slip off and camper falls on you. The stand might bust a hole under floor. then you got a new pee hole.

6. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    Yes the cover is heavy. First I take off all screws but 4 (one each corner). If you have a stand or jack, it is a good time to put the stand or jack under the cover. take all 4 off. Then the stand or jack is holding the cover for you. That's what I do.