Canvas clip mystery.....

Discussion in 'Mystery Parts' started by Pw, May 12, 2017.

1. Pw

Pw New Member

May 17, 2014
    Where can I buy these canvas clips for my pup top, please? This is from a 1980 Starcraft Starflyer.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Where have you looked? There are sellers on eBay with some of those type of things. Canvas Replacements has an eBay store. However, they have more than listed there or on their website.
    If those alternatives don't pan out, try contacting both Canvas Replacements and Bear Creek Canvas. Give them your make, model, year, and VIN (that helps confirm the specifics). Because both do the replacement canvas, they have other parts. (For our '84 Palomino, besides canvas, we were able to buy replacement external lifter arms, canvas rail, and clips from CR.)

3. Pw

Pw New Member

May 17, 2014

4. Pw

Pw New Member

May 17, 2014
    Thanks! I'm grateful. I'm based in the U.K., so I've looked on Ebay and at the Canvas Replacements EBay store. I've messaged them, but they haven't responded, which is irrititating because they have a number of things I Want to order and thye are missing good business! I will have to track down their phone number but it's an international call....

5. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    If you've messaged them on the weekend, they are generally closed then. Try Monday-Friday. It's also their busy season right now, and (as I understand it) both are very small businesses. When I had to call CR a few years back, they were very helpful, as well as when I realized I needed new canvas rail I was camping so had to head to town to email from the local library.
    With other difficult to find fasteners and the like, others have managed to replicate the fasteners with parts from the local hardware store.

Pw likes this.
  6. Pw

Pw New Member

May 17, 2014
    Thank you

7. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Also sent you a pm in conversations.

8. tzmartin

tzmartin Active Member

Sep 9, 2015
    I bent a medium sized washer to replace that piece.