Cassette Toilet Question

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by rmckenna, Jun 12, 2017.

1. rmckenna

rmckenna New Member

Just bought a 1998 Coleman Grandview SP and i'm just putting water to it to flush out all the rv antifreeze that the prev. owner put in the lines. I have a question about how the cassette toilet works. I assume that this toilet is a manual toilet due to the age of the camper. I filled the tank with water from the outside where the cassette is located but cannot get any water to squirt into the bowl. I assume that the big round handle to the right of the seat manually pumps water into the bowl and the small round handle to the left is to flush it into the cassette. Due you have to prime this to get it to pump water? Does anyone have a manual for this older toilet? My model of the toilet is:
    Model: Cassette PP R LB T
    No: 2155062 G07
    Code: 970514

2. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

I'm thinking you have a Thetford C4 (Got a few hits searching those part numbers) (pictures would help a lot)
    It look like this?
    [​IMG]

3. TrailManorMan

TrailManorMan New Member

Have you put water in the cassette pump tank?

4. frolin

frolin Member

Did you fill the holding tank, not only the waste tank? It will take a few pumps to prime it, but should not take much, I have the exact same set up PUP and all

5. rmckenna

rmckenna New Member

It looks just like the photo above. I took it apart tonight and discovered the hose the was attached to the plunger was cracked and split in half. Any ideas if a different type of hose can be used? Lowes has some clear hose that may work, but it needs to be fairly flexable.

6. Antipodes

Antipodes Call me Paul

Yes a plain clear plastic hose will be fine.
    Just make sure it attaches firmly to the fittings as you don't want it coming off, or leaking

7. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

If it's truly a Thetford toilet like the one I pictured, the knob on the right (with the swoosh on it). You turn that to Open and close the drain. Push down to flush.
    The knob to the left, isn't a knob. It's Toilet paper storage. Just lift it straight up.