ceiling coat hanger

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by campfire Joe, Feb 2, 2015.

1. campfire Joe

campfire Joe Member

I want to install a fold up ceiling coat/towel hanger in my popup's ceiling. The hanger unit is designed to be installed in a popup. My question is, are any type studding materials in between the ceiling and roof? I see that the door tracking system is attached to the ceiling, but is it just in the ceiling or is there some sort of support that it's attached to. My popup is a rockwood 2318g. Some came with item installed, but mine, of course didn't. Not much weight will be hung at any one time, but still I don't want the screws being ripped out of the ceiling. Thanks joe.

2. budlight

budlight Member

Mine has steel cross braces. Try using a magnet to see if yours has them [2C]

3. campfire Joe

campfire Joe Member

Thanks budlight, I thought about that. I'll give it a try this spring when I get about 3' of snow off it. joe.

4. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

I bought two of these to be able to hang closet organizers from, on the ceiling. Turned out I didnt need either but it was recommended to me to use 3M Automotive double sided moulding tape. I was told with alot of confidence, "it ain't comin' down with that stuff" [LOL] Of course, I have gone to some great lengths to avoid drilling into the roof or frame of my pup. Other than the CO detector, Ive been successful. I still have the tape and thinking of a way to use it still :)

5. campfire Joe

campfire Joe Member

Yep ryan, that's the looks like the same item I bought. It came with 4 screws that are to be mounted into the ceiling. Some models came with this hanger already installed. It is a option, just didn't come with mine. Not too sure if double sided tape would work with my wife. When she goes camping she brings a Kim Kardashian wardrobe with her. :)

6. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

I guarantee the tape will hold 100 times harder than the screws it came with [emoji6]

My phone did this using Tapatalk

7. campfire Joe

campfire Joe Member

Have to give it some thought. if I can't find the ceiling supports, i'll give the double sided tape a try. thanks.