Chance, our Munchkin Cat

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by Black Bear, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Black Bear

Black Bear Active Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Chance Hoffman
    May 14th, 1997
    July 23rd, 2016

We took Chance into the vet last night and it was clear he was suffering from multiple issues and was in a lot of pain. We decided it was time to let him go. He was a truly special soul, there will never be another munchkin like him. We were so blessed to share 19 years with him. He will be missed more than words can convey.
    [​IMG]

2. Birdwoman26

Birdwoman26 New Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Awww, so sad.

3. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

Jul 13, 2011
    So sorry. It's so hard when you have to let them go. Our cat is 15 so getting prepared for the day that will soon come.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

4. terry1419

terry1419 Active Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Streator, IL
    So sad and heart breaking but you can gain comfort in the fact that Chance lived beyond his expected years and you gave him a good life. I have lost several pets, both cats and dogs, over the years and I know how you must feel. It is never easy to see them go.
    I have always been a cat person but when my wife passed a few years ago, I inherited her little Shih Tzu and she stole my heart. Emily became my best camping buddy but I had to put her down just a week before this past Christmas because of non treatable cancer. She was only seven years old and my camping, and indeed life at home, has never been the same.
    A few months ago I acquired a three year old abandoned cat from a no-kill shelter and even though we have an ongoing dispute over who is supposed to be training whom, she has become a wonderful housemate. Although you will always have good memories of Chance and he will always be in your hearts, here’s hoping that some day you also may be able to find another to share your lives.

5. rocksncactus

rocksncactus Member

May 10, 2013
    Cobb County, GA
    It is the most difficult thing but the greatest responsibility of pet ownership to have to make that decision. I've done it twice now for elderly cats. I know it's going to just about kill me when I have to let one of my dogs or my current cat go.

Perhaps in a while, when you're ready, you will find another special little kitty at your local animal control and save its life by adopting it. It will do your heart good in so many ways.

6. Black Bear

Black Bear Active Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Thank you all for your kind words. We have had a lot of animals over the years so we are no strangers to this pain.
    We have a younger cat and a dog now that do help us cope with the loss.