Changing the door lock

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Tracey Assinger, May 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Tracey Assinger

Tracey Assinger New Member

hi, we have a 2010 1206 jayco pop up. We never received the key for the front door. Or a key for the large storage unit on the front of the trailer. Any idea how to change them? Or where to get replacment locks? Thanks

1380ken likes this.
  2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

A Jayco dealer should have it.

3. bheff

bheff Active Member

There are only a handful of different keys. Out Camping world has them hanging on pegboard in the show room. Just find the 3 didgts on the lock and go get a key with the matching 3 numbers

Milemaker13 likes this.
  4. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

Check the lock for a number. If you can find the number then just take it to a locksmith or search on ebay.

You can get new locks on ebay, etc.

You can check with Jayco.

5. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

CH751 is a popular RV key, but checking your lock number is the better way than trying a dozen different ones. The trunk lock is easy to replace with many in stock at the big box stores. Welcome from Oklahoma.

Tracey Assinger likes this.
  6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Take it to a locksmith, he can make keys with no problem, It would be cheaper than buying new locks.

7. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

The are usually all the same... If you see another like POPUP at the campground go look at his key... Try it out on your trailer first...

I have misplaced my keys a couple of times camping - always have gotten in using theirs haha...

On my 2008 Startcarft model POPUP I can reach inside behind the VELCRO strip and open or lock my front door... Do that all the time when bringing in groceries - much easier to reach in behind the door then to put the grocery bags down and find the keys in my pocket hehe...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

8. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

My clipper and my FnR were built 20 years apart. They use almost the same key. The FnR key will work on both - the clipper key will NOT work on the FnR.

I ended up getting a bunch of spares for the FnR. No more worries about losing my keys. :)