Cheapest monthly rate USA???

Discussion in 'Camping with Kids/Pets' started by tomaura, Aug 12, 2018.

1. tomaura

tomaura New Member

Mar 1, 2018
    I need to know the names and locations of non age restricted (kid-friendly campgrounds) anywhere in the USA that is $250 or less a month, that accept older pop-ups. Anything would be helpful, thanks. I hear of them in Florida and texas but can't find any that accept pop up campers.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  2. Matt Benoit

Matt Benoit Active Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Warren, MI
    Sounds like you're looking for seasonal campgrounds... Most of those I've been too have restrictions against pop ups for seasonal sites.

3. tomaura

tomaura New Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Anything that isn't 55 restricted is a place to start, I heard that Texas and Florida have them but I'm having a really hard time hunting ones down that will take a pop up on a monthly long term basis. I need suggestions.

4. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    I’m from Florida and I don’t know of any that have that kinda price mainly because the Snowbirds come down in droves starting in about October until April/May.

Rik Peery likes this.
  5. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Wapacoma Campground in Romney, WV

6. Fixitup

Fixitup Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Wow. Thats a loaded question.
    Accept older pop ups? Really? Why would a cg not accept an older pup. Or an older camper of any type? Not sure of the 55 and older cg. Any, and I mean any cg that forbids children is a form of discrimanation. IMO you are over thinking issue. If Im wrong then please forgive me. Good luck.

7. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Yeah ur a smidge wrong on the children thing. 55 and older parks exists and they’ve been deemed legal. It’s just like deed restrictions in subdivisions down here; no basketball goal, boats/rvs in driveway etc etc

8. Lloyd B

Lloyd B Active Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Columbiaville, Michigan
    We have stayed at RV parks that insist the rig be less than 10 years old, but not very often, more often they allow older units that have been well taken care of, while not allowing junk in if they notice it.

9. Shaman1

Shaman1 Active Member

May 13, 2011
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    In Oklahoma, almost all parks allow popups. Few if any have age restrictions. The closer you are to big cities the more expensive the parks are (OKC averaging $400/mo). What kind of amenities are you wanting? Do you need full hook ups? Easier to answer your questions with more information. Steve

10. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

Aug 8, 2013
    In New England the ones I goto have no restriction . I actually have posted pic of seasonal pop up sites with a full metal roof on top in rhode island . Cost is going to tough in New England . You looking at 2500 for a season. The campground next to my house very strict rules but their cheapest seasonAl site is 10k for March to oct .

11. threebeachboys

threebeachboys Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Not sure of location. $250/month is going to be tough to find. RVParky.com is good app. . . .You can search by city, then view each park and click on their website. Many don't post monthly rates, you'd need to call. The cheapest I've seen is http://www.littleriverrvpark.com/rental-info.htm.