Coleman/Fleetwood Evolution owners? E1/E2/E3

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by hakrjak, Jun 12, 2010.

1. hakrjak

hakrjak New Member

May 20, 2010
    Looking to connect with other Fleetwood/Coleman evolution owners. Are there many here?

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

2. grcooperjr

grcooperjr Lunatic

May 21, 2007
    Tigard, OR
    there be a few of us...

3. hakrjak

hakrjak New Member

May 20, 2010
    2006 E2 here.... I'm curious to know which circuit guys are cutting into for their mods??

4. hakrjak

hakrjak New Member

May 20, 2010
    Here's my first mod, btw -- I am so proud of myself... Wife thinks I'm an idiot! ROFL

-Hakrjak

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e390/hakrjak/op2.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e390/hakrjak/op1.jpg

5. grcooperjr

grcooperjr Lunatic

May 21, 2007
    Tigard, OR
  6. hakrjak

hakrjak New Member

May 20, 2010
    Wow, those are some impressive mods -- Thanks for sharing!

Does anybody know if there is an evolution owners group or club to join, or is this thread the best way to reach out to others with the same gear?

When adding electrical mods, I was wondering what the best circuit guys have found on their EVO's to tie into? I am thinking the propane leak detector probably doesn't pull much power, so I was going to hook into that for my first couple mods.

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

7. hakrjak

hakrjak New Member

May 20, 2010
    Also anybody know where to get a wiring diagram for my e2?

8. grcooperjr

grcooperjr Lunatic

May 21, 2007
    Tigard, OR
    I have one for a E3. It'll be a bit cause it's on another computer that I killed last week. Should have a new motherboard tuesday and can post it then

9. hakrjak

hakrjak New Member

May 20, 2010
    That would be awesome, thank you! The E3 picture will probably be almost identical to the E2...

Anybody else have any creative mods to share?

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

10. grcooperjr

grcooperjr Lunatic

May 21, 2007
    Tigard, OR
  11. USMC_Campers

USMC_Campers New Member

Jun 15, 2010
    My wife and I literally just purchased a 2010 Coleman E3 Evolution PUP! We pick it up on Thursday after we get a few mods added to it. We purchased the A/C unit, the Weight Distribution System, a generator, and the MaxGuard. We are planning to take it to a local KOA camp ground this weekend so we can not only camp, but learn how to use our new PUP. We are new to the PUP world and can't wait to get out into the world and meet other campers. We fell in love with the E3 as soon as we walked into it and made up our minds to purchase it that same day. Any and all suggestions on mods and camping sites in the state of California will be greatly appreciated. Hope to see you out there!! Pictures to come soon!

12. grcooperjr

grcooperjr Lunatic

May 21, 2007
    Tigard, OR
    CONGRATS on the purchase and WELCOME to the Portal.

You'll enjoy the E3 alot. We do ours....

13. hakrjak

hakrjak New Member

May 20, 2010
    Agree that we knew the evolution series was the one for us as soon as we saw it... Nothing else even came close in comparing!

Now that we've got it, all I can think of is what features I'm going to add to it ;) haha

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

14. hakrjak

hakrjak New Member

May 20, 2010
    Anybody know how to grease the axle on the Evo's? I popped off the plastic cap, and all I see is a glob of goo... You just put the grease in there and you're done or what?

-Hakrjak

15. grcooperjr

grcooperjr Lunatic

May 21, 2007
    Tigard, OR
    Well...

If your's is like mine, it has bearing buddy dust caps. so all ya do is use a grease gun and give it a shot...

Now myself, I like to inspect the bearings and the brakes. So I tear it all the way down, clean it up and inspect it all. Repack em , replace the seals and reinstall the hubs.

But thats just me....

16. hakrjak

hakrjak New Member

May 20, 2010
    Guys --

Do any of you have issues getting your fridge & water heater to light after you've been pulling your Evo's off road? Mine seem to take 500x attempts, and I am blowing them out with compressed air and everything each time... I think they are getting too full of dust!!!

Want to know if anybody else has this problem, and how you combat it?

- Hakrjak

17. grcooperjr

grcooperjr Lunatic

May 21, 2007
    Tigard, OR
    Well.....
    The water heater is a pain. Especially in the wind. I replaced mine with a SW6DE. NO MORE PILOT!!! Solved the problem of lighting the pilot and it blowing out in the wind. The other advantage to the DE is the heater also uses 110 to assist in heating water. Saves a bit on gas.

The fridge usually has no issues if the gas line is purged of air. By running the stove and the water heater that will get most of the air out. I also find it easier to use a butane match to lite the fridge. The peizo clicker works but the match i quicker.

18. hakrjak

hakrjak New Member

May 20, 2010
    If no such invention exists to keep dust out of the fridge and water heater compartments while driving off road in these, I may have to just rig something up. Was thinking a plastic bubble velcro'd to the side of the PUP would work well for the WH, and a sheet metal V rigged up during use to keep the pilot from blowing out so easily........ The fridge needs to breath at all times -- so that may be a bit more tricky to keep the dust out of this compartment. Maybe lighting the propane before leaving the house and letting it run on LP the entire time we're 4x4'ing is the answer -- that way you don't have to worry about lighting it at the camp site?

- Hakrjak

19. squirrelliey75

squirrelliey75 New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    To: USMC_Campers
    Just wondering what weight distributions system did you purchase? My wife and I just purchased a 2010 E3.

20. grcooperjr

grcooperjr Lunatic

May 21, 2007
    Tigard, OR