coleman fridge

Discussion in 'Refrigerators and Coolers' started by peter moyes, Sep 29, 2018.

1. peter moyes

peter moyes Active Member

Feb 6, 2018
    i have a 2000 sedona pop up the fridge is not plugged in ,,the plug is in the cabinet next to the fridge ,,but i just cant see where it plugs into the power
    ,,any help please

2. bearman512

bearman512 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    Your question lacks a little substance. It would seem buy your description you have a Coleman Thermoelectric fridge where a 3 way fridge used to reside. If this is true you need to be on shore power to operate it as it will drain your 12v system rapidly. IMO those are not a good fridge to store food in they only cool 20 degrees below the ambient temperature. If it is just setting in the old fridge location pull it out and use the space for something usable.[2C]

3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    If looking for the outlet, try the outside aluminium door. If its a 3 way fridge the outlet could be there. It is on mine. Same year diffrent model.

4. peter moyes

Feb 6, 2018
    the wire for the fridge is inside the kitchen small storage space ,,it looks like a couple of small wires in a male connecter ,but i shone a light inside ,,no holes to insert into ,,or recepticle ...

5. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    I dont know , the sedona is much smaller then mine. Is it a 3 way fridge? If so i would think the plug is on the outside. My switch for ac/dc/propane is also in that spot. I wouldent think they would make them very diffent in the same year, but who knows. Someone could have moved the wire also? Is this a new pop up to you?

6. peter moyes

Feb 6, 2018
    hello thank you for your response its a 2000 sedona ,,its realy nice ,i wonder if the previous owner un plugged it ,,i aint to concerned ,,i love the pop up ,spotless .i will take it over to a rv place and ask for advice ,,,i cant find anything that looks like a connection ,,its just small wires ,into a plastic male or female fitting

7. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    This is the back of mine, is yours a 3 way fridge? Its the bottom of the 2 aluminium hatches.

Attached Files:

8. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Yours might be diffrent.

9. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    The refrigerator was optional on yours, i just happen to have the original paperwork and brochures. So , it could have been added later or the same as mine.

10. Hoomi

Hoomi I write everything the voices in my head tell me.

Jul 20, 2012
    If it isn't working, check the GFCI outlet in the kitchen area. We have a 1999 Coleman Nevada, and if the GFCI trips, the fridge won't work on shore power.

The GFCI should have two buttons on the front between the two outlets, one labeled "Test," and the other, "Reset." "Test" will force the GFCI to trip, cutting off output power. "Reset" does precisely that - it resets the tripped GFCI and restores power to outlets.

In our trailers, it's not a logical step to think of the fridge not working because of the GFCI. We normally only think of the outlet affecting something actually plugged into it, but the AC to the fridge is hooked onto the backside of the outlet, so if the GFCI trips, it also cuts AC power to the fridge.

11. peter moyes

Feb 6, 2018
    ok folks fridge problem solved ,the wire in the cabinet next to the fridge ..is a pre wired connector for the furnace that it does not have ,,,silly me ,,went outside opened the flap ,but the fridge was already plugged in ,...so either i have to turn it on , is there a switch to turn it to electric mode ,,help please lol or it dont work ,,the propane does ,once i think i have got everthing under control ,,my pup says hey newbee ,,i got more surprises lol i did get a b,a,l, leveler its magic solid as a rock ,,i have another question ,,my pup has to be parked outside ,i realy wanna go camping again this fall but i worry if it gets wet ,and i have to get it dry some how ,difficult at best ..so i got a hugh tarp ,i will just cover the whole thing ,,,see how this works out lol .any advice please ....also i will put new tires on next spring ,they sure are less than half price in the states ..i would love to put the mag aluminum wheels like the newer pop ups ,,pricey though ,,well this was my first year with my new to me pop up,,spent my 70th birthday ,,the first time i camped ,,i loved it ,..went back 3 weeks later 5 days then weather turned .poured rain but the pup was dry as a bone ....i now know what i have been missing ,,,happy thanks giving to every one

12. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    In the same compartment , outside the pup, where the plug is are controlls. There should be a knob there it says something like dc( battery power) ac ( outlet power) and gas ( propane). Check the outlet with a tester or lamp to see if it works. If covering the campers roof with a tarp, make sure there is an air gap between the tarp and the roof. Or get a breathable pop up cover. Tarps are supost to be bad for the roof. Good luck and have fun.

13. peter moyes

Feb 6, 2018
    thank you ...

14. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    Looks like may chimed in and helped ...

15. peter moyes

Feb 6, 2018