Coleman outside stove

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by scottveazie, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Douggro

Douggro Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle, WA
    You've got a different stove than I do? You had me not trusting my recollection of a replaceable hose. Do you not have that fitting/connector between the main supply and the burner? You can see mine's a Wedgewood model in the attached pic. Had it out test-burning after re-doing the front end of the LP distribution to fix a leaking service selector unit.
    IMG_0424.JPG

2. scottveazie

scottveazie Member

Aug 9, 2010
    IMG_1038.JPG IMG_1037.JPG Same stove, worse connection I think on mine..

3. Fless

Fless Active Member

@scottveazie, what's the rest of your outboard crimp fitting look like, to the right of what is within the red square on the short pigtail?
    IMG_1037.JPG

See the next pic; is your threaded male part (like in the green oval) missing?
    Stove pigtail_resized.jpg

Here's the hose that is on my stove, and it's about 34" end to end:
    Hose label.jpg

Those are standard connectors, and if your pigtail is missing the threaded part of the crimped connector, you'll probably have to have another one crimped on if there's enough hose. Then you can get a standard hose to extend it to your frame connection (POL).
    _

4. scottveazie

scottveazie Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Yup, mine is missing. I think I'll see if I can get a new hose crimped on. I do have an adapter from 3/8 to the Coleman style connector lying around.