Considering Coachmen Apex Nano 193 BHS

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by smhartman, Oct 22, 2017.

1. smhartman

smhartman Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Suggestions on this product needed.

We took our pup out for Halloween camping trip and mice got in and destroyed canvas, beds, cushions, etc. so we are seriously considering a small TT, Apex Nano 193 BHS. It has a slideout and bunk beds. We are a family of 3 but would like to take a friend and/or my Mom.

We are looking into a 2014-2016 Ford Expedition as tow vehicle.

Does anyone on forum own one of these? Is Coachmen a good mfg.? We are buying new so any experience with Colerain RV in Cincinnati?

Thanks for any and all suggestions/concerns/positives.

2. Deesko

Deesko Member

Feb 16, 2017
    We picked up a 2017 Coachmen Apex 289TBSS earlier this year and have camped a total of about 18-20 days in it, pulled it probably 600 miles and love it. We are pulling ours with a 2010 Expedition, and our TT is significantly larger so you should be fine. Check and see if you have the HD towing package or not but I'm thinking either way, the weight on that TT should be low enough for even the standard package.

So far the only "issue" we have noticed is the fittings on the kitchen sink came a little loose and needed to be tightened back up and one of the plastic weather strips on the exterior that covers some screws kept popping out of place (touched it with a dab of silicon and it hasn't been an issue since). Nothing abnormal. Fit and finish seems solid, insulation seems competent (we camped with 8 people in the middle of summer w/ 95 degrees & 90% humidity and everyone stayed comfortable inside) etc.

I can't comment on long term durability since we just picked it up and it's our first TT so I don't really have a reference point, but overall we're quite happy with our choice. Good luck!

3. smhartman

smhartman Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Thanks for your reply!

Deesko likes this.