Convert fresh water tank to city water?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by GuardMedic, Aug 12, 2018.

1. GuardMedic

GuardMedic Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Aiken, SC
    While I'm doing my remodel ive been thinking about the water supply. I have no intentions of boondocking or carrying my own water (other than bottle water for drinking) so I would like to plumb the camper for city water only. I know id replace the faucet over the sink but I'm not sure how to run the plumbing from there. Would I just run a long flexible hose from the faucet to the outside hookup with plenty of slack to fold the counter over? Anybody else do this type of conversion? I would appreciate any thoughts and ideas you may have. Thanks!

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Thats all you need to do.

3. GuardMedic

GuardMedic Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Aiken, SC
    Easy peasy. Thanks!

4. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Yup that’s it. I needed about 50” of flexible water line so used a 30” and a 20” together.

5. myride

myride Well-Known Member

May 14, 2015
    Edmonton, AB
    ....and for gawd sakes put a preasure regulator between the city water and your connection to flex line or you'll also have a shower when you turn the tap on.....lol

6. GuardMedic

GuardMedic Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Aiken, SC
    Makes sense. Is there a certain kind I need to buy and are they preset or adjustable?

7. myride

myride Well-Known Member

May 14, 2015
    Edmonton, AB
    Any regulator preset or adjustable. ...can be found at RV stores....hardware stores etc.....

8. GuardMedic

GuardMedic Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Aiken, SC
    Water hose and regulator it is. Thank you everyone for all the help!