Crank storage?

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by FARfetched, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Lumbergodd

Lumbergodd Member

This won't work for most of you but I took off my propane tank and battery and put a storage box from Harbor Freight on the tongue. Crank handle, levelers, chocks, all that stuff lives in the box.

2. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

I have a storage box bolted to the A-frame. When not in use that's where it stays.

FARfetched likes this.
  3. Turbulent

Turbulent Member

I store it in the Potty door(exterior)

4. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

I also don’t have any exterior storage and can’t open the door without popping the roof and inch or two. When at home, I actually store the crank in the lower fridge access panel, basically treating it like an exterior storage hatch. When driving, I throw the crank in the back of the TV in the box with the chocks and Lynx blocks.

I’ve been trying to come up with a cheap box that’s big enough to hold my crank handle, but haven’t settled on anything yet. I thought I had hit the jackpot once when a neighbor was getting rid of a pair of hard lockable motorcycle saddlebags, but I was too slow to claim them.

5. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

The door on our pup will not open when the roof is down & latched, but if I unlatch it, & pick up on the roof slightly, by hand, right at the door, it will then open. It's a stepper door, & once it is down, in the back of it are clips for storing the crank, etc.

6. durhamcamper

durhamcamper Active Member

My Fleetwood has a storage box under the stepper door.
    On my previous pup, a Dutchmen, I stored both cranks (roof lift crank and stab crank) in the compartment where the fridge vent and power switch was. There was plenty of room.

7. gasmater

gasmater Member

If not boon docking I put it in the battery box

8. lucky13don

lucky13don Member

Same here..first cabinet on the right. With lynx blocks and tool kits and levels.