Crazy Pop Up Story

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Catherine and Kathryn, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Catherine and Kathryn

Catherine and Kathryn New Member

Apr 14, 2018
    I joined this forum to show off our new pop-up trailer t-shirt designs but once I joined it brought back a memory of a crazy story I want to share.
    I was selling my pop-up several years ago. We were moving from Victoria BC to a condo in Vancouver and would have no place to store it. I posted on Craigslist the tent trailer with photos, etc.
    Several people came by, called, etc. One guy called, said he walked his dog by our place everyday so knew what it looked like. He wanted me to put it down for him (as it was up so people could see it) as he wanted to ensure it would fit in his garage.
    I did that and the next day the tent trailer was gone. He stole it.
    The worst part is that I put the darn trailer down for him to make it easier to steal. I had never heard of a hitch lock but now would never travel without one. It still rots my socks as I had wanted a family to buy it and enjoy it like I had with my family.

Anyway, that isn't the point of this. I wanted to show you our T-shirt, tank top and sweatshirt with a Pop-Up design. btw - it seems the US calls them Pop-Ups and Canada calls them Tent Trailers. Is this correct?

Here is the link: https://www.thecrookedmile.blog/shop/

Mother's and Father's Day are coming up!!!!

Cheers, Catherine, Kathryn and Narnia

Attached Files:

gladecreekwy likes this.
  2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Goes to show that in this day and time nothing is safe , even those that seem to be honest and reliable can turn out to be dishonest. Everywhere we look there are scams on the phone, in the mail, etc. I will assume that you never got the PUP back. It is a crying shame and We must be careful and not take everything /everybody at face value. Good Luck and Happy Camping

Catherine and Kathryn likes this.
  3. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Tent trailers have a cloth roof popups have a hard roof.

4. Catherine and Kathryn

Apr 14, 2018
    Correct, we never got it back. The police said that RVs, Boats, Travel Trailers are stolen every day and there was nothing they could really do.

5. Catherine and Kathryn

Apr 14, 2018
    Good to know!! Thank you

jnc likes this.
  6. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Unless your Canadian.. Never heard the term pop-up until I joined this group, always have called them tent trailers, whether they had soft roofs, hard roof, soft sides or hard sides..

7. MaeKay

MaeKay Active Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Utah
    As I was searching here in Utah and then Craigslist outside of Utah I noticed that here, they call them pop ups more often and elsewhere they seemed to call them tent trailers. I grew up in California calling them tent trailers. Then again, I also grew up calling almonds “ammons” (rural California accent).

Catherine and Kathryn likes this.
  8. myride

myride Well-Known Member

May 14, 2015
    Edmonton, AB
    I'm Canadian....and when I search parts or trailers....kijiji or elsewhere. ..."tent trailer" always gets me where I need to be......

9. jnc

Thats because you are talking to a computer not a human

10. p

p Active Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Tent trailer and I am talking to an iPad.

Bowman3d, myride and Snow like this.
  11. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Mass
    Let me tell you a funny story how a guy gave me the title to the Brooklyn Bridge.

MaeKay likes this.
  12. Boatnman

Boatnman Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2017
    western Colorado
    Greetings from western Colorado and welcome to the Portal!

I guess if my wife cranked faster, "pop-up" would be an appropriate description...:p

myride likes this.
  13. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Aug 5, 2010
    5 Star Eagle Camper
    Welcome to the Portal from Southern Ont. Watch you don't get accused by people as being a Troll or something on here by joining up and instantly trying to sell stuff off a web site.
    Sorry about your trailer being stolen. It was always tent trailer here as well. Never heard of Pup or Pop-up until I joined here. When I'm on here, I call it a pup, but when talking with other non-camping people, I still say tent trailer, otherwise they don't know what I'm talking about. They think I mean a small dog, woof!

Adina*Moo likes this.
  14. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

And exactly how did you know it was the caller who stole it? Did he call back and thank you?

Orchid and myride like this.
  15. myride

myride Well-Known Member

May 14, 2015
    Edmonton, AB
    I was wondering the same thing....and if it was caller...wasn't the trailer returned?

16. Adina*Moo

Adina*Moo New Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Alberta, Canada
    Ugh that so sucks! I just bought a hitch lock but haven’t opened it yet. Guess I better get on that. I was thinking I’d only need it when traveling. Not in my own driveway. (I’m usually parked in front of it.

17. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Active Member

Apr 13, 2015
    LaLa land
    No it’s in your driveway you need it most. Thieves go around scouting and planning. I have a hitch lock, stabilizers down, and a car parked in front just to dissuade any thieves. A few have been stolen out of driveways around here.

Adina*Moo and Orchid like this.
  18. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Chicago suburbs
    Well I'll say it if no one else is going to... hope you are here to participate and not just market your crap.

19. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

You're splitting hairs here. Some places call them all "Tent trailers". There are very few modern trailers that have a soft roof (Quicksilver, basically)

20. jnc

Just because they do doesn't mean their right.