Curtain clips worn out?

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by Orchid, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Every time we put the camper down and back up, I have t reattach half the curtains. It's getting old.

They used to stay just fine. I guess me clipping (rather than sliding) them off and on so often, for remodels, has taken it's toll.

They are a PITA to attach to curtains anyway, so looking for another option using Coleman track it something that will attach to it. Any ideas?

2. Redbird234

Redbird234 Member

May 27, 2018
    GTA
    There was a post I read today in which the poster used buttons on her curtains and they were able to slide on the track

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Which Coleman track do you have? I've seen the button mod mentioned, but ours had the rail that used a squared-C-shaped clip, and the button mod would not have worked.

4. Orchid

They are the C shaped ones. I think because I snap them off and on, instead of sliding to the end, it's loosened them too much.

Early on, I glued empty ones on the ends if the rails to keep curtains from sliding off. Those are not able to be removed.

5. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Can you cut an opening on the rail side of the glued one, enough that you can tilt the carriers to get them off?

6. Orchid

I can try. That's a pretty good idea! Then I can just get new tabs. I'm planning a beach themed makeover anyway.

I HATE sewing the tabs on, so kind if wanted a new system. But, on new ones, there won't be existing needle holes to fight with. I can drill tiny holes that the needle will fit through easier.

7. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    When i made new curtains for the Cobalt, we drilled 3 holes in the clips, which made sewing them on much easier, and they were stable.

Orchid likes this.
  8. Orchid

That's exactly what I am going to do. I have been fighting these factory needle holes for years. I have no idea why it didn't dawn on me to do that before. I've replaced the curtains three or four times now. [LOL]

Now just have to go out and see if I can cut a spot to slide them off on the ends of the tracks. I can't remember what kind of glue I used for the stopper pieces, but they are on for good.

9. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Sent you a message (“conversation”) about clips

Orchid likes this.