Curtains are frustrating!

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by ToniB, May 27, 2019.

1. ToniB

ToniB New Member

Just bought a new Scout. Can barely make the curtains stretch down to the snaps and when I do, and try to close them with that little square of velcro in the center of the panels, the velcro barely catches and then there are gaps above and below it! Is Aliner really so cheap that they can’t add an inch more of fabric to their curtains?? How do people solve this??L

StlAnnie likes this.
  2. Yacoma99

Yacoma99 Member

We also have the “peek-a-boo” curtains in our Ranger. My very patient dw tried and tried to find a way to close them but finally gave up and asked me to figure it out. My quick solution was to hang a towel from the shower curtain rod we keep in the camper. Not an elegant solution but it did serve to cover the gap. Keeping a shower curtain rod hung between the walls serves many purposes.

Rik Peery and ToniB like this.
  3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I dont have that camper, is it 2 curtains we need to close together? Grommet in both curtians, and like a string to tie it together? You could make it decorative.

Rik Peery and ToniB like this.
  4. mark/wi

mark/wi New Member

We just got a 2019 Scout and its the same. They do not fit right. Need to have larger curtains.The one on the door fits good. They screwed up. Mark

5. jadmt

jadmt Member

I recently bought a new 2019 Ranger 12 and my curtains are a tight fit but they snap and the velcro lines up just barely. I have been keeping the snapped and velcroed shut hoping they will be like a pair of jeans and stretch out a bit with time.

6. ToniB

ToniB New Member

I just emailed Aliner about this problem & told them I was requesting replacement curtains that FIT!!! Of course, I expect a roundabout reply from them...

7. GypsyH

GypsyH New Member

We have the same problem on our 2018 Scout. Such a stupid thing to get wrong on what has been a really great little camper.

8. ToniB

ToniB New Member

Day before yesterday I emailed Aliner & told them the problem and that I wanted them to send new curtains. Haven’t heard back yet, and even if they do, not sure if they’ll be any larger, but I’ll let you know what happens.

9. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Ours are crap, also. If you look at the top, they are attached with 3/4" Velcro. You can pull the curtains off the Velcro and drop them just a little to help. I need to get more white Velcro to drop them more. Shame they can't even put Velcro on right at the factory.

My camper review below.
    http://www.popupportal.com/threads/aliner-2018-scout-review.118181/

10. ToniB

ToniB New Member

That’s a GREAT idea! Next time we open the camper, I’ll do that! Thanks!

11. ToniB

ToniB New Member

Wonder if removing the velcro to use new would tear off the wallpaper...

12. WrkrBee

It looks to be a pretty cheap wall covering. Of course the Velcro sticky is good. Let me know how yours does, if you try it.

13. slcCamper

slcCamper New Member

I picked up a used 2014 and the Curtains are to tight also. There are small gaps and I may make some new ones at the end of the season. I was thinking they shrank over time, but sounds like the the new ones are tight also. Maybe i'll stop by the local deal and see how the new models are.

14. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Just asked the wife about the curtains on our Ranger10 (2019), she said no probs, good fit...got lucky I guess...only time I'm in there is to crash...

15. StlAnnie

StlAnnie New Member

Sounds like a chronic problem. My 2018 has the same problem. I’ve been using blue painter tape to pull the curtains and close the gap above and below the Velcro squares, but that’s not a long-term solution.

I may have to make my own curtains.

16. WrkrBee

Guess we could sew a 1" or 2" wide piece of brown cloth with Velcro on it to match the Velcro on the curtain.

17. Enigmacamper

Enigmacamper Member

Lol what a bizarre issue on such a nicely designed camper [LOL]. We bought ours (a 2017 in 2017) barely used but the previous owner had sewn curtains. They were nice but also on the tight side. I went and made my own and discovered that they shrink or something because now mine are a hair too small! Hahaha, seriously maybe that's the problem, maybe the fabric shrinks slightly in the heat. I think office clips would work, I brought one on our last trip just in case but it wasn't a big deal.

18. Mizbeckbo

Mizbeckbo New Member

I have a 2006 with the original curtains. I have the same or similar problem. I just can't get the curtains to meet in the middle without them popping off the end tabs. I too have wondered if the heat shrank them thru the years. For the time we've owned our camper I have used little clips (like the office clips mentioned by Engima above). I make sure the clips are on whenever the curtains are closed to try to stretch out the curtains.
    Making new curtains is on my "To Do" list. I plan on giving them a little extra margin to compensate for any shrinkage.
    Its interesting to know that this has been a problem that has never gone away...

19. David Blackwell

David Blackwell Member

Hi ToniB - while I am not sure if our old 2017 curtains match your interior colors, but if it would be helpful, you are welcome to have the complete set. My wife had a new set made to match her interior color scheme. Below is a photo of the original window treatments. They are like new and hardly used. You should be able to find my personal email address in my profile. Please let me know if you want me to mail them?

upload_2019-6-5_14-44-36.jpeg

20. Zot

Zot New Member

For what they charge for an Aliner we should be more vocal and let the manufacturer know about these quality control issues. We're going to voice our complaint to Aliner very soon. Our new 2019 came with a crooked cabinet hinge, both roll down skylight shades are badly wrinkled, and curtains that are 2" too narrow to close properly. Come on Aliner, you can do a better job!