Curtains.....help!!!

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by Brent Weidemann, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Brent Weidemann

Brent Weidemann New Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Howdy! We are renovating our amazing Coleman by Fleetwood pop up camper. We have done a ton of amazing things and now just need new curtains. The problem is, we can't sew! We have seen sooooo many incredible pics of amazing renovations on here, Instagram, pinterest etc.

So our my question: does anyone know where I could get some great replacement ones? Is there anyone on here that has made curtains that would be interested in making some for us? We would obviously pay you. We would love to use the original clips that come with the camper.

Thanks for your help! Love this site :)

2. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    We don’t sew either, however, with the aid of YouTube and a $25 sewing machine we picked up we have new curtains. It really isn’t that hard 6EBF8C1A-4BAA-4CAF-AB2C-22B4363EB16C.jpeg

3. Brent Weidemann

Brent Weidemann New Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Sorry, I should've included this in my original post:
    We have absolutely no desire to learn and do this on our own. Haha. We have taken on massive in-depth projects, this is just one I would rather pay someone else to do. Thanks!!!

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    I don't sew either, but if I still had my popup from last year I was going to take a class and redo the curtains myself. And if I got into a bind I am sure I could find someone at the senior center to help me.

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    In that case, put an ad in your weekly newspaper or on craigslist to find someone who would do them.

6. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    I hear you and don’t fault you at all. Sometimes you hit walls, lol. Look for someone advertising “alterations” in town. That was going to be my next option.

7. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Buy 95" length curtain panels, cut them in half to make 2- 47.5" panels. Use the cut sides as the top, the finished ends as the bottom. Glue the existing clips to the top of the curtain. Done. No sewing.

8. sceri

sceri Member

Jun 1, 2018
    Washington State
  9. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

The Key to life is Knowing when to say when. I'm with you on this. Not that I wouldn't mind doing the sewing but I am better suited to be building the cabinets and sealing the roof so when it's time to make the cushions I'll be looking for someone that does upholstery. You should be able to find a local seamstress to make them. I have had great luck finding local trades/skills/labor on our Town Facebook page.