Damn Chipmunks!

Discussion in 'Camping Around Wildlife' started by popupprincess, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Active Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Virginia
    Had a mouse die in my cabin filter last year, stench dang nigh made the wife pass out lol, got it cleaned out & replaced, little rascal had pretty much liquified...found a solution on Tacoma World...

Attached Files:

Solo camper likes this.
  2. Jennilou

Jennilou New Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Seguin, TX
    Well I had a rat in my car AC. I turned it on one morning and heard strange clunking around and immediately turned it off. I didn't know what the problem was. At lunch when I turned it on louder clunking and odd squealing then no more sound. I thought it might be a rodent but couldn't know for sure. Well...three days later I knew for sure. It stunk so bad I thought I was going to lose my lunch. My mechanic removed it. He said it was the largest rat he had removed from cars that day. Apparently everyone was having the same problem.

Rik Peery likes this.
  3. Solo camper

Solo camper Member

Apr 23, 2018
    West virginia
    Yea those critters that live in campgrounds get excited when a vehicle pulls in, they know just what to do. First time out in PopUp had mice the first night. They would come out and sit there and look at me. Went and got glue traps the next day and caught two that night. After getting home I got under the camper and sealed all holes, no trouble since. First campground I stayed on this trip to Colorado had ground squirrel under the hood of my pickup immediately, I could hear it banging around under the hood and in fenders. When I got close he would run out of there. Opened the hood and poured a little gasoline from my generator gas can around the inner fenders under hood and that solved that problem. Like someone mentioned the soy base insulation on wires is food. What a great idea that was.

Rik Peery likes this.
  4. SNOBIRDS-NY

SNOBIRDS-NY New Member

I was tent camping in the Adirondacks 5 years ago and had no problems with mice until.... I was unloading my Tahoe at home. The little fella made the 5 hour trip in my bag of chocolate chip cookies.

Rik Peery and jnc like this.
  5. azfansinnc

azfansinnc New Member

Feb 9, 2018
    North Carolina
    Worst we ever had was a squirrel that ate through my propane hose on the Pup up in Norfolk, VA. Drained a full propane tank as a result. Filled the tank the next day and replaced the hose only to have it repeat the next day. I ran the soft hose through some plastic flex conduit after that. We've been lucky with the mice so far.

Rik Peery likes this.
  6. Maxsterblaster

Maxsterblaster New Member

Jun 11, 2018
    one word....airsoft.

Sjm9911 and Rik Peery like this.