Dark side again

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by AceCombat, May 22, 2019.

1. AceCombat

AceCombat New Member

We still have our pup but my sister-in-law is the user of it. We bought a little 24ft 1999 Cougar by keystone late fall of 2017. Didn’t get to use it until the next summer. We loved it but our first week we realized hmm it’s a little tight with 2 kids both girls the dog and my wife. Just the layout wasn’t good but we couldn’t pass it up. Everything worked roof was good floor was good and 2000$ later it was ours. So we kept our eyes out for what we wanted. Last week we signed the papers for a 2017 26BHXL Salem Cuise Lite by Forest River. They were asking 17,995 I got it down to 12000$. I’m pretty sure it was only used a couple of times. The toilet was still wrapped in its original plastic. The microwave still had that plastic film on it. We ended up giving the Cougar Tom my mother in law. We had probably 10 offers on it. Highest was 4200$. Last year was a bad year for bears where we camp in Algonquin Park every night they had at least 4 bears. A mother showed up with 3 very young cubs at 7am when people were just starting to get up let the kids out walk the dogs. My MIL was the only person still sleeping in a tent with FIL and BIL. Well she woke up to having the tent pushed in and momma bear had a good sniff. The tent touched her forehead. So we gave it to them. I like the fact that we will get to see the trailers being used and enjoyed by our family. Nothing looks sadder than a trailer parked at the back of a property rotting away on a beautiful sunny long weekend.
    So here’s to everyone who’s going camping this year I hope you have a great fun and safe summer of 2019!

neighbormike and kitphantom like this.
  2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new unit! It was nice of you to keep the pup in the family.

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Welcome back to the Darkside. .lol.
    Was a bad year for bears all over the Province due to the fires.. Had a friend who did $10k damage to his 1 year old truck when he hit a lost distressed bear on the narrows bridge in Huntsville. ..

4. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the NTU camper. Nice of you to help the extended family keep camping. Don't forget to "camp on" yourself.

5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Congrats on the new unit, I think it is great that you gave the one to the MIL. Sounds like, due to the bears that everyone needs something solid to sleep in and I know the MIL appreciates having solid sides after her incident with bears. Good Luck enjoy the new unit and keep on camping