Davidson River, Brevard, NC

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by Harrelldjr, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Harrelldjr

Harrelldjr Member

Jul 6, 2014
    East Tennessee
    I will be camping at Davidson River Campground near Brevard, North Carolina in a couple of weeks. We camped at Table Rock State Park last spring and did a drive through of Davidson River on that trip. I'm looking for suggestions on things to do in that area; specifically hikes. A hike in the 5-10 mile range with wildflowers and a "cupcake" (waterfall, view, etc) would be ideal. Any suggestions on hikes or other things to do?

2. Noah369

Noah369 New Member

Jun 8, 2015

Panthertown Valley near Cashiers is one of my favs

3. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

Looking Glass Falls, Connestee Falls, Sliding Rock, Graveyard Falls, Slickrock Falls...short drive to Asheville, Biltmore, NC Botanical Gardens, Carl Sandburg home...Blue Ridge Parkway. White Squirrel festival last weekend of May every year. Gem mining

4. thethird152

thethird152 Active Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Mt Pleasant, MI
    That's one of my favorite campgrounds - we've camped there at least a dozen times over the years, from tents to hammocks to campers. Speckhunter covered it very well - there are TONS of great waterfall hikes in that area.