Do I have a water tank or not?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by stacey short, Apr 9, 2019.

1. stacey short

stacey short Member

How can I tell on my 1990 Jayco deluxe series 1006 pup. I don't know the old manual doesn't say much about it. I don't know if its been removed. I would just like to pump water to wash hands and face. I'm going to look through that manual again. How can I tell if my heater work not by propane but by electricity once I plug it in. I know I'm just pitiful. I brought this camper in December of 2018 and haven't plug it up yet and still fixing it up. I brought new tires, new roof vent, and new jack and spare tire holder. Wash cushions, re done some fabric and brought new tile for floor. Slowly but surely I'm getting there please be patient with me camping friends.

Jess n JJ Julian likes this.
  2. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

Per the manual, the water tank should be in a cabinet. If it is permanent, you will have an inlet on the outside of the camper (the manual has a photo of it). If removable, there won't be an inlet. You'll need to check the cabinet to make sure the tank is still there.

The furnace is propane only (it uses electricity to run the fan, but the heat comes from the propane). To heat the trailer with electricity, get a small ceramic heater. Remember, you cannot use the electric heater unless you are plugged into electricity.

kitphantom and stacey short like this.
  3. Jess n JJ Julian

Jess n JJ Julian Member

Our water tanks are under the floor. If you lay outside underneath our pup you can see where they are. My water pump is inside the couch. We have a 2001 Jayco Eagle

4. stacey short

stacey short Member

I'm looking at my manual now, pg 20 it does mention a container I did see one. I have to see how you attach it to the sink. The water container is in a separate cabinet. Also of 20 talks about the city water having a pressure inlet. I guess I wanted to see if the water tanks are actually there because I heard some people were missing their water tanks. So when I got on my hands and knees and didnt see anything but metal it made me think do I really have one. What if I put water in this hole and it fills my camper with water. I didnt see this page the first time I went through this manual. The heating system since I'm not sure what kind of shape my supply line to the propane tank is in, I rather not trust it unless I get a professional to take a look at it. I will use electric heat. Thanks for helping me.

5. joet

joet Well-Known Member

If you are unsure of the propane system, take the unit to a RV dealer and let them do a lockdown

6. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I had an old 1990 Jayco myself. Loved that unit for the 6 years I had it. The water jug was in a cabinet, door side by the front bunk. The piping if I remember correctly was run inside the front step to the sink cabinet. I personally didn’t use the water jug as when I tried it the water didn’t come out fast enough for the amount of work it took to pump. Many people I talked to took the jug out so they can use the cabinet for something else and never bothered using on board water. They just brought the water with them.

7. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

Definitely have someone check the propane lines - it's an inexpensive thing and will put you at ease.

If it's a portable water container, you might be happier using a regular water jug with spout. Put a stopper in the sink drain and you can set the jug right next to the sink so the spout pours into the sink. No pumping required for washing up.

jmkay1 likes this.
  8. erich82

erich82 Active Member

Poor some water down the sink. If it drains outside, no tank :)

Edit: sorry i thought you meant a grey water tank