Does anyone have any photos?...

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by myitchyfeet, Oct 4, 2015.

1. myitchyfeet

myitchyfeet New Member

Of a smaller pup setup? Our little topagee has a wee kitchen unit that would have required me to be on my knees, so we're setting up kitchen in the awning instead. There's also no real space for a table. I can find heaps of amazing inspiration photos online, but mainly only of bigger fully equipped trailers! Has anyone else got a little one they'd love to show off?

2. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

We actually have a large Category called "Checkout My Rig !", located HERE, just for photos!!

Check it out and see what folks have posted! If you see something like you have, or that interests you, PM the owner and see if they can help you out! [A]

Happy Camping!!

[:D]

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Our first pup was a 6' box with one bunk end, so it was tight inside. We did use the original table and kept the stove, removing the sink. One of the best things we did to make things accessible was to not replace the doors on the galley. Since most everything was in boxes that stacked tightly in the bottom for travel, it worked fine, and the open storage made it handy to find things and move them to/from travel mode.
    With the second pup, we had more room, but still removed the sink. Most of our cooking was outside, though we kept the stove for really bad weather. As good as our table canopies have been, and the awning on that were, we still have high enough winds that cooking outside is a huge challenge.
    The original table in that pup was too heavy and large for our uses, so we bought a small, folding, molded plastic one. Easy to move around; we had the extra bunk to use for storage space and could put the table there if we wanted it out of the floor space.
    I don't think we ever took a photo of our outside kitchen set-up, which is mostly adaptations from our ground camping days. We have some roll-up aluminum tables, one of which adjusts to counter height. That makes it handy for using the Coleman camp stove or wash basins without having to bend over and anger our backs. We still keep most of the food supplies in our tow vehicle, though pots, pans and cooking utensils have been moved inside the TT. We seldom leave more set up than the table and stove, and even the stove is stored away when needed (such as in bear country).
    You can just barely see the tables in this pic, we move them around as needed, and the stove, etc. were not out when I took this:
    [​IMG]site 17 by Andrea Vaughan, on Flickr
    The roll-up aluminum tables are handy for use around camp, I can move them to wherever I need them.
    We are re-working our outside cook space for next season. This was our first full season with the TT we bought a year ago. We have discovered that the awning has to be rolled up when the winds are approaching 20 mph, and there was really only space for one table in the small area that stayed dry when it rained and we could keep the awning out. While many use the EZ-up and First-up type canopies, they are too heavy and bulky for our uses. We have bought a tent-style screen house from LL Bean and plan to set up our outside cook area in that. Many places we camp don't have much of an insect problem, but the last two Colorado Portal Rallies have been a different story. Having an option to cook outside with screening was very appealing after those camps. Where we locate the screen house will vary depending on the campsite design. I suspect that we may revert to using it at the site picnic table when that will work for us, and only use one of the roll-up tables.

4. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

To give members a sense of the space issues you are dealing with, this is a good visual for your camper. Click on any photo to start a slide show.
    Topagee Brave

I suggest that you browse through this section for ideas of outdoor kitchen.
    Favorite Mods

I personally use one of these pack-away outdoor kitchens. Nothing to build.
    Coleman kitchen or Grill Stand

I also love this quick setup table for outdoors. Should also fit inside your pup.
    Folding Table

5. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

I hope these items are available in your country. Since you can't create space without tearing things down, portable units make the most sense.

6. Ziggs76

Ziggs76 Member

We have an 8 1/2 ft. Viking. Below is a picture of how we normally setup our outside kitchen. Sorry the picture is a little blurry. The green wooden thing on the fold up table holds all our utensils and dishes. Jeff

[​IMG]

7. myitchyfeet

myitchyfeet New Member

Thanks everyone, I feel much more inspired! It seems that it's very easy to get overwhelmed very quickly....

8. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Look up some teardrop camper setups, you'll definitely get some ideas for how to camp in smaller spaces! This isn't really a photo of mine all set up, so much as an example of what to look for. I spent a few hours with a chainsaw creating my own campsite on our property here in texas for my teardrop during hunting season. Going through a teardrop forum gave me a good idea of how some folks are getting along in smaller campers.

[​IMG]

9. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

I'd swear that teardrop folks carry more stuff than I do in my HTT

10. Islandwoman20

Islandwoman20 New Member

I don't cook inside my PUP - here is my kitchen I bought over 10 years ago from Cabella's. I love it!

Attached Files:

11. 1stpopup

1stpopup Member

[​IMG]

8 1/2 ft box. Didn't have the camp kitchen out on this trip.

12. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

Here's an example

[​IMG]

13. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Is that the back corner of a station wagon I see peeping around the right side?? What must be in there!! I can't imagine all that weight on the top is helping the tires/axle. Don't see any tie downs from the top either.

Not to mention, how many other kids is she hiding in the back? LOLOL

14. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

That's a Pinto wagon, photo is from the 70s

15. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

LOL My first car was a Pinto. My 6-pack mechanic friends souped me up purty good. [;)] [A]