1. backwoodsmama

backwoodsmama New Member

2 wash basins set on a camping table. We just heat up water, fill both basins and use one for washing and one for rinsing. Easy-peasy.

2. Aunt Ness

Aunt Ness Member

X2

3. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

I just picked up the 2 (plastic) bin system for the campsight table. I looked at all the fancy, shmancy camp kitchens, but in the end, it's just one more thing to pack, put up, take down, and stow. We like the PUP because of it's simplicity and close relation to tent camping. We like to be as close to nature as possible without all of the lights and decorations. That's not to say that I too don't get carried away with all of the cool camping stuff out on the market. I did buy a camp run, DO and BAL this year, but drew the line at a camp kitchen and awning lights. When we upgraded to the new PUP, we didn't want an indoor toilet/shower and frankly didn't know whether we would ever use the outdoor shower, but reading this post, I realized it's a great system for filling wash basins with hot water for dishes. Thanks for the tip.

4. budlight

budlight Member

Doing dishes are easy, just put them in the biggest pot or pan and send it with the kids to the campground sink, Presto!! they are done [:D]

5. ecupcar

ecupcar New Member

2 5 gallon buckets, one hot and soapy, the other rinse. Quick functional and easy. I warm some water on either the fire or the stove to make the soapy water and I never wash in the Pup, its way too messy.

I have used all of the above mentioned methods too... paper/plastic, fire and of course... DOG.

6. donnyonee

donnyonee New Member

outside we put a big pot of water on the coleman stove after cooking , before eating. its a propane conversion, and is usually too hot after eating. then mix it with another cold pot after eating. perfect for wash and rinse. then dumping those in the proper spot
    and what really puts a bad taste in my mouth is seeing the familys, parents or kids that think its quite alright to wash at the camp faucet, sink or rest room when its posted not to. absolutely no concern other than themselves with leaving their food scraps and? where we have to get clean water.
    and im the guy that doesn't mind reporting this to the ranger.

7. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

Just add a plastic dish rack that nests for storage in the basins, and we do exactly what you do.

8. w8ting2camp

w8ting2camp New Member

We heat water in an electric tea kettle and add it to two plastic dish pans. One pan has soapy water for washing dishes and the other has clean water for rinsing. We also have plastic drying rack and a cloth drying mat.

9. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

[}:)] [}:)] I haul a 100-gallon fresh water tank, a 100-gallon gray water tank, a 10,000-watt generator and a residential dishwasher. [;)] [:D] [;)]

10. froggie

froggie New Member

Paper towels for silverware. Plates are paper. A little water in the iron skillets and do over the fire. Dogs eat leftovers.

11. brianbigdogsmith

brianbigdogsmith Camp more Camp more often

We use two wash basins and heat our water with our coffee maker and never do it inside I even ripped out the sink in the PUP to give us more counter space.

12. BuxCamper

BuxCamper Member

We've almost always use the camper's sink esspecially since we have hot water. If we're not on hookups we'll usually use the slop sinks at the bath house if available.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk