Dometic 2193 wiring diagram missing 12V thermostat

Discussion in 'Wiring' started by Anthony Hitchings, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Member

Dometic 2193 wiring diagram missing thermostat 12V:

I downloaded a parts list for my 3-way frig (the small one). On the last page there is a wiring diagram :)
    BUT
    the diagram only shows a thermostat in the 115VAC circuit - none in the 12V circuit.

Looks like an error in the diagram, because the one and only 12/115V thermostat knob seems to work as per the Users Manual

Any comments?

2. GreyFox

GreyFox Active Member

These small gas absorption manual light fridges are marginal performers compared to their larger DSI 6 cu ft / 8 cu ft counterparts. Gas is the most efficient mode followed by 120 vac then 12 vdc, the last of which you'd only use when towing and for some reason prefer to not run the fridge on gas. The thermostat you're referring to only functions when the fridge is running in the 120 vac mode as it needs all help it can get when running on 12 vdc. Back when I owned a Fleetwood Yuma with a Dometic 2193 I don't ever recall running it at less than full tilt regardless of what mode it was running in. Even then every time we opened the fridge door cold air would literally pour out so I lined the interior with Reflectix to prevent this. A series of pics are here ...

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=eFp1bWxsNDZ2VndGVFgtX1kwODlVNXUweGE1Yzdn

Adding a fan will further improve performance as will correcting what is most likely a lousy factory installation of the fridge.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  3. rabird

rabird Howdy!

'In the case of the RM2193, the refrigerator works continuously on DC operation (no thermostat control).'

from the install/operating instructions

4. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Member

Well - guess I can't read what's in front of my nose.

Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

5. rabird

rabird Howdy!

Anthony Hitchings, why cut and paste info on the 2191?
    the info for the 2193 is below that!

2. RM2193: 12V DC I 120~ AC OPERATION In the case of the RM2193, the refrigerator works continuously on DC operation (no thermostat control).

6. GreyFox

GreyFox Active Member

Seems to be the case since you say you have an RM2193. [::)]

7. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

I'm not really sure if there is a question in Anthony's original post. If you're trying to run the fridge on 12v, its not advisable as it will kill the battery in no time at all. Should only be on 12v if connected to the tow vehicle and tow vehicle is running.

I have a RM2193 in my Rockwood, and as stated before, performance is marginal. I've never had mine on 12v. I only ever use it on propane or 120v. If you're looking to beef performance up a little, I've done the fridge fan mod and also use a small interior fan to move the cold air around the food/drinks inside. These 2 things increased the usability of the fridge greatly.

BUT, the manual does say that there is no t-stat control for the 12v operation, it operates continually on DC

8. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

+2