Driving without camper from Chignecto North (Fundy) to Cape Brenton

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by smhartman, Jan 21, 2017.

1. smhartman

smhartman Member

Jul 30, 2012
    We are driving from Ohio to Bar Harbor (5 nights), Grand Manan Island (3 nights), Fundy National Park (4 nights). I really wanted to go to Nova Scotia but would it be too far for a long day trip to see Cape Brenton area? If so, what other area would be cool to see in NS? Suggestions please?

I ordered the free Discovery Pass for 2017.

Thanks.

Susan

2. Redbird934

Redbird934 New Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Our plan this summer is to do 4 days in Halifax/Peggy's cove then four days in PEI at the national park in Cavandish and then drive to Fundy National Park. It's 2 hours and 35 minutes drive according to google between the two.

Would you consider PEI. I ordered a package from PEI tourism and it came last week and I am even more excited to visit PEI.

I'd love to do Cape Breton but I am saving it for another trip, we are still new to the pup and driving through the mountains is scary.

3. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Hopewell Rocks is a must. Only about 40 min north of Fundy Nat'l Park. Great opportunity watch the highest tides in the world. Even beginners can kayak around the flowerpot islands.
    http://www.thehopewellrocks.ca

4. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Cape Breton is an awful long day trip from Fundy, 4-5 hour drive.

You can get to NS itself in an hour or so from Fundy, take your photo at the NS/NB border sign like many do.

If you have kids there is the Fundy Geological Museum in Parrsboro NS, about 2 hours from Fundy and actual dinosaur era finds in NS.