Duckbill Rock - Rock Formation on Oregon Coast Destroyed by Vandals

Discussion in 'RV Industry & Camping Related News' started by PopUpSteve, Sep 6, 2016.

1. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Source: People.com

2. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

What's the reward money to find these vandals? I feel like quitting work and find the vandals!

3. jumpoff

jumpoff I'm in a camping state of mind

Nov 3, 2015
    North East Florida
    The need to destroy things for fulfillment................it's hard to comprehend.

4. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

May 7, 2013
    Eastern Idaho
    Problem is, if they catch them, they don't hit them hard enough with fines and jail time. Remember the boy scout troop leaders who toppled the formation in Goblin Valley SP in UT? http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/31/us/utah-boulder-boy-scouts/

They should have been thrown in jail for about 10 years and fined an amount that would put the hurt on them for life.

5. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    They need to be sentenced to 10 years of cleaning the public bathroom at all the State Parks.

6. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Macomb County Michigan
    Maybe cleaning the vault in the vault toilets as well.

7. Zephyr

Zephyr Member

Jun 18, 2013
    central Oregon
    About 20 years ago in Oregon, a group of young men decided to drop large rocks into a vault toilet at a FS campground. Other campers called the sheriff. The men were charged and sentenced to public service. Guess what the public service was? According to sources, they became very familiar with a number of vault toilets and what gets dropped into them....including a bunch of large rocks.

8. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Macomb County Michigan
    This made me lol!!

9. RkyMountainRose

RkyMountainRose Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Makes me sick to watch.

10. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

I don't understand the use of the word "alleged/allegedly" here. There's video proof that someone did this, unless they're "alleging" the video may be fake.

11. Camp-or

Camp-or New Member

Sep 22, 2016
    when I first saw this I said that they need to be thrown in jail until they rebuild it piece by piece with super glue. Should give them plenty of time to think about consequences of actions.

12. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

The term is used when the speaker has no evidence to support the allegation. The video is not proof of anything. It can be submitted as evidence and accepted or denied by the court. Expert testimony could validate the authenticity of the video and an expert could state whether or not the people in the video are actually the accused.
    Ultimately, the jury will decide.

13. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Mind boggling. I can't imagine, even as a less-than-fully-cooked young person, having the mentality to do something like this. I hope justice is served.

This example is even more disturbing than the first. This is not only a parent, but a Scout Leader who is responsible for teaching kids to respect nature.

And as far as his claiming he was disabled in an accident and has been left with poor judgement, while that may be so, someone with the lack of judgement should have never been put in charge of a group of scouts!