Dutch newbe in PopUp land

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dutchie, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Dutchie

Dutchie New Member

Aug 6, 2018
    the Netherlands
    Hello you all,

Since I've got a popup from a relative for free, I'm looking around for some info about these pop-ups.
    In Europe they are pretty rare.
    I've got a 1997 Coleman Taos towed by a 2011 Seat Leon.
    A bit small compared with the US cars, but it's allowed to tow about 3100lbs (with trailer brakes), so it's fine for now.

In the past my wife and I went only to all inclusive resorts, but when the first kid was born, we adjusted to camping holidays and now we are looking for nice places in the EU to go with the pop up.
    I think the US and Canada, where the pop up has it's roots, are more ideal for it. Camping in nature is a more natural thing than overhere I think. Here we have a lot of restrictions, if it's already allowed.

So if some fellow Europeans has some great places to go with a pop up, please let me know.

Also I will read some in the technical area on the forum. I've a technical background but this is new for me.

I've no pictures yet, I've to pick it up next week.

Greetings from the Netherlands,
    Marijn

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    awelcome.jpg Greetings from the other side of the pond.

3. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Welcome and congratulations on your new camper!

4. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Active Member

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    Welcome from South Carolina.

5. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the exciting world of Pop-Up camping!

6. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Welcome from across the pond in VIrginia. There are also a lot of restrictions/private property where I live too. Thankfully we have a number of state parks or private campgrounds We can go. I will take camping any way I can get it. Its the journey to get there that is the adventure. Just being able to see sights other than the city I live.

7. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome to the Portal from N/W Florida Panhandle. Congrats on the NTU PUP. I cannot assist you on where to go over in the EU. But I can assure you that wherever you go you will love it camping style, so will the kids. We have some "over there" campers on here and I am sure they will give you a hand. Good Luck and Happy Camping

8. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Hello and welcome from Minnesota!

9. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Greetings from North-East Pennsylvania, USA. Best of luck with your ntu pup!