E-trailer tire

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by 1380ken, Jun 9, 2017.

1. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2013
    For those that are keeping score. I just bought a tire and rim from E-trailer. The date code is 2515. That is kind of pushing it a little.

2. tzmartin

tzmartin Active Member

Sep 9, 2015
  3. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    Hey that is still with-in their 2 year new rule... Walmart.com sent me tires that were not even 2 months old!! They were almost warm still!!

4. turborich

turborich Active Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV.
    This is why I would never buy tires from E trailer. Pages of pissed off customers regarding the tire date issue. I've never bought a tire from Discount tire that was more than a couple of months old.

5. joet

joet Active Member

Mar 16, 2011
    And e-trailer wouldn't honor their "Price match" Customer service told me they sell Kenda's, not Loadstar's....duh
    I have found Wally World to be cheaper, with free shipping

6. MD Saga

MD Saga Pop-up journeymen

May 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Hmmm......just got a pair from them on the wheel with date codes less than a year old.

7. Haybale

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    And you can return in store!! More than once I had a blow out, used my spare, and bought a wheel at walmart and returned to the store after I got home and mounted a new tire on to the blown out rim. If I would have used the wheel I would not return it.

8. Haybale

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    I'm sure that is common, but not always the case.

Many people recommend to buy batteries/tires at Walmart, not just because of price, but because of the high turn over rate, their stock is likely newer than other places.

9. TheDuke

TheDuke Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Southern MN
    Just got a set with datecode of 2315. Two years old. Kept them, not worth the hassle. From eTrailer

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  10. tzmartin

tzmartin Active Member

Sep 9, 2015
    From etrailer or walmart?

11. TheDuke

TheDuke Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Southern MN
    eTrailer

12. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    I got 2 tires from etrailer in March. The date codes were both in December. 3 months is acceptable to me. I know some people want the freshest tires possible but the turn over rate depends on size and time of year.

Besides every time I look at Walmart's selection, they are only carrying C load range tires. I need D.

13. Nibas

Nibas New Member

Sep 5, 2017
    I ordered a set of kenda's from Pep Boys. waited 3 weeks and when they finally arrived arrived last week the date code was 5013. I returned them and will be going elsewhere for my trailer tires.

Haybale likes this.
  14. Yak

Yak Active Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Seems to be someone missing from this thread

tzmartin likes this.