Easy and peasy as pie!

Discussion in 'Boondocking' started by Arlyn Aronson, May 17, 2019.

1. BackyardCalifornia

BackyardCalifornia Member

Where do you like to go in the Sierras? Up Hwy 4 or 108? I love getting out the central valley heat and heading up to either Bass or Shaver Lake.

2. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

My favorite is wild plum off 49. Spanish Creek up by Quincy is nice. Running Deer at Little Grass Valley reservoir is nice. French Meadows near Foresthill is nice but the road is a lot of up and down and you can only go about 20mph.

3. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

Thanks to all who's posted. If anyone would like to try camping off the grid or away from standard campgrounds, this is the place to ask about it. Or is this thread in the wrong location? Maybe it should be among the general threads.

Toedtoes likes this.
  4. BBQdave

BBQdave Active Member

The Cub Scout camps have water spigot and vault toilet, and it's nice to see all having fun with limited resources :)

This may be the same for other states, but NC has some nice small privately owned campgrounds with bathhouse and peace and quiet. The cost is the same as camping at State parks, for tent and PUPs. There's more amenities like pool, laundry and game area. But it's in a quiet peaceful area, with small number of campsites. I like this camping with kids :)

Arlyn Aronson likes this.